skybytch

yet another reason why my job rocks

Well I'm not partying hard tonight cuz I have to leave the house at 6 am tomorrow, drive 1 1/2 hours to an airport not very near me with two foam stuffed harness/container systems. Then I get to rig up a spring loaded p/c to one of them, put them on two actors and stand around for a few hours while they film a commercial.
$250 in my pocket for less than 6 hours "work".... cha ching!!!! You're jealous, aren't you? Yup. I knew you would be. ;)
pull and flare,
lisa

Well I'm not partying hard tonight cuz I have to leave the house at 6 am tomorrow, drive 1 1/2 hours to an airport not very near me with two foam stuffed harness/container systems. Then I get to rig up a spring loaded p/c to one of them, put them on two actors and stand around for a few hours while they film a commercial.

skybytch,
Wanna use the Frankenrig? After all, it was in one a yer commercials prior to assembly and back from the dead. Wuz it coke or pepsi?

That was fun.. and the easiest money I've ever made! I even got to be part of it - I held a reflector during the first scene and pulled the pin so the spring loaded p/c could fly out in the second scene.
It's a hookey commercial for a trucking school; low budget and very SoCal local. The owner of the school is sitting in the door of a Piper, says his bit about what a great career truck driving is, then says he's going to jump to "demonstrate our crash course." He jumps out, his daughter looks out the door and says "joe blow's trucking school is the best! I should know, I'm Jane blow!"
Second scene shows the her in the door and him laying on the tarmac. "Dad, you're supposed to wait until the plane is in the air before you jump." He says "Doh!" and the p/c pops out.
I stopped by Perris on the way home (going back for the party in a couple hours). Met diverdave and Shark; saw chaz1234. I know DZBone Carl, madmax and whiskeychick are there too. When I get back I'm gonna have Danifest announce that I'm waiting for everyone at manifest... with a camera. ;)
pull and flare,
lisa