Emma

Tandem Fatalities/ Injury stats

Hey Crusty Rec boy! ;)

skydiving is not safe. It is significantly more dangerous than driving to the Dropzone, and you're doing someone a disservice if you try to convince them otherwise.

Hence my comment:

I don't want to mislead him since we all know that we can and do break tandem passengers every
week.

And my use of quotation marks around the word 'safe'.
Please don't lets have this degenerate into another row over whether it's 'safe' or not! I just want to give him some nice, tidy stats so he can make up his own mind what is an acceptible risk to him.
Thanks to those of you who have provided some links - that's all i needed! :)Stay 'safe' guys.....
Emma

I think just getting the erection in the first place would be tough. Talk about performance anxiety. You only have 64 seconds to get it up and get it done...

64 seconds...do you other guys have this problem too...sounds like plenty of time to me...
chris
How would you like too stick with me
How much do you love to freefall

Well, if you figure average time to altitude is about 15 minutes, then, if you hurry, that'll probably give you just enough time to get started. That next minute in freefall could be used accordingly...it would be cool with a CASA, get going on the tailramp, have the pilot float the couple out when jump run cums. Like a raft dive, just hopefully without other jumpers docking and with another jumper hopefully a little slimer then a raft...
What's better, skydiving or sex? I say it depends on the partner, but remember a couple things:
1) There's never really a bad skydive, and well, usually there's not bad sex (guy's perspective).
2) Atleast when you skydive with someone, you won't wakeup in the morning thinking "Holy Shit, what's his/her name? who is he/she? and why is he/she so ugly(/fat)?
Though after skydiving with someone, you may end up waking up next to them...
3) Remember, when skydiving it *is* appropiate to "pull-out"
:D (God I hope I don't get flamed for this...)
AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.

No time for sex in freefall? Sheesh, the longest I've done is a 10 second delay, and I find myself wondering what I'd do with the extra three seconds...
Dan
"Oh, you went to a movie this weekend? That's nice. Me? Oh... Actually, me too..."

One small point about sex and skydiving (as compared to one another, not together...that's a whole other thread entirely).
There are lots of reasons why skydiving is better than sex. However, withour putting too fine a point on it, it's well nigh impossible to impact the earth at 120mph while having sex...or even, break an ankle, if you think about it (unless you have a really BIG partner, I guess). Skydiving.....well.....
E

Well, in my little world, "sexually transmitted injuries" are a given...............oh yeah, make it hurt, baby! I suppose they could *technically* be called TANDEM injuries! (tandem meaning TWO people strapped to each other, haha)
(Do I need to include a disclaimer here? I hope not)
Sis
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it." Oscar Wilde
Edited by freaksister on 7/27/01 03:47 PM.

A buddy of mine works on a farm, and one of their bulls was making little baby bulls when he slipped on the ice. He completely broke off his third leg, and had to be shot. So do as you please, but if you are sit flying you better be darn sure you don't cork while in the wrong position! (although if you do, I don't think you will have to worry about being shot... even though you will probably wish that you were).