mgaillar

A taste of the extraordinary element!

I start my AFF progression this weekend (Saturday). Tandemed two months ago and could not escape the freefall claws. And the damn thing would not let me go! Now I am forced to jump with my own canopy.
Great forum you all have here. According to most of you (and your posts), I already owe beer! Wishing for blue skies and winds < 14mph (preferably little to no wind for my first jump).
Mg

FYI: the claws never go away they only get worse. The lil lady and myself took 7 years off, strictly for the purpose of breading someone to pack for us, and every day they got deeper. Fortunatly ther is NOT a support group for us (sounds loke an idea for a humurous website (more on that later)
friend of gravity intro-HI MY NAME IS BILL AND IM A SKYDIVER
HUMM sound like a new post
Kevin
If I make it to the Beech(s) ill be Otay

Well...there ya go....my green-ness exposed! But certainly for the best! Here I am hoping for no wind and I want just the opposite! And damn if it doesn't make sense...landing INTO the wind = slow, soft landings? That's my take, anyway. Man...lots to learn! Thanks for the in-sight.
Michelle, like everyone else, I have enjoyed (and learned from) your spectacular writing ability documenting your AFF experiences.
I anticipate posting several questions/concerns as I progress through my own AFF program,knowing with confidence, that I will get good feedback.
Palmetto T...I read a thread not too long ago about a student well into his AFF progression and had not been taught how to PLF yet. I quickly learned from responses the importance of PLFing. Needless to say, when scheduling my AFF Level 1, one of my first questions was "When do I get taught how to PLF?" Wind or no wind, I will be sure have learned how to PLF.
Skydive Orange here I come!
Matt

Well...there ya go....my green-ness exposed! But certainly for the best! Here I am hoping for no wind and I want just the opposite!

You'll pick it up quick enough, i got a video of me screamin like a girl coming in with no wind on my first jump on a 200, (i know that's still big but i'm heavy, heh)
little wind = nice
hehe
have a blast mate, i just did my aff a week ago, you'll absolutely love it.
Ed

"....then half your paycheck for the rest of your life. "
Hmmm....half my paycheck, whuffo buds, and beer or half my paycheck, skydiving (and new-found friends), and beer....................I can't fully say, but I am sure it will be clear after this weekend!
Weather looks to be shaping up nicely over my DZ. Hope the SkyGod is kind to us rookies. Blue skies to the rest of you junkies too!
Matt

In reply to
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hmmm....half my paycheck, whuffo buds, and beer or half my paycheck, skydiving (and new-found friends), and beer....................I can't fully say, but I am sure it will be clear after this weekend!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
It will be! Actually it will be clear before you get off the hill.
Have Fun/Be Safe
Kevin
The AAD took natural selection out of our sport the hook turn put it right back