Viking

This semester is going to be PURE HELL!!!

Man if i survive this semester i should be given a damn medal or somthin. I have to part time take care of my 98 year old grandpa who needs help doing EVERYTHING just now i had to help him pee and when he stood up he loaded his dyper so i ended up cleaning him and changing his dyper. I have to go through this "shit" everynight until 2am so my mom can get something resembling sleep. And today i started school and i have to take a full 12 units or my parents health inssurance won't cover me!! so needless to say my skydiving is going to be lacking >:( the only way i will be able to pay for my jumps is learning how to pack and that means 20packs with no pay and i have to spend atleast one of my weekends packing chutes so other people can jump. Plus in the middle of all this i have to take pictures for my class' and do assignments for my school paper. I know you guys could care more about who farted in the plane on that last load but i had to vent, and its only the first day!!!!!!!
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet

hi Viking,
you are the busy bee! Just think of how your grandpa may have changed your diapers once - now you get to return the favour! Must be hard to see him like that though.... although he probably hates it more, I would.
My studies and "other life" have kept me from the dz when I've been having itchy wings to get back and deal with that blast of air through the open door of the plane that's seeking to keep me grounded... but none of it's going to win!
You will find a way, and you will also find a way to get the most out of the other things your're doing.
Do a photo essay on jumpers! Or an abstract photographic study of canopies!
Good luck with your studies & your packing.
Larissa
"because the wind is high, it blows my mind..."
The Beatles

I know how you feel, class started yesterday for me. I have Novell networking and we are covering a 900 page book in 6 weeks, and i have two other classes on novell this semester. I'm taking 12 credits and working 4 days at my grown up job and then one day at the DZ. And i wont be able to make many fun jumps because i need money to pay off the 500 dollars in books i bought :(

I was about to suggest that you must be off your rocker to spend so much money and time on a Novell certification.
Then I realized that Novell networks are probably at the point just above "extinct" where you have to look really hard (and thus pay really well) to find people who can fix them. You are a slick one, LordAJ702!!
Blues, squares,
PTiger

Hey nimus ya know the funny thing is that i just thought of doing a photo essay while i was getting out of the shower ( i seem to do most of my creative thinking in the shower go figure!!) anyway i will have to figure that out on how to get the inplane shots b/c they won't let me take camera up in the plane maybe i can get one of the camera guys to take the exit shots and a few freefall but i can handle the landing b/c that what i do.
and what do you mean by an abtract photographic study of canopies??? please explane your thoughts :)thanx for the support guys i will most certainly need it this semester.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet

Doesn't it suck when real life interferes with skydiving! Grunt it out dude. It will all pay off before you know it. Just dont go and do something stupid like join the military for a paycheck!
"The cab driver said... he recognized my girly by the back of her head" -Beasty Boys
Clay

"SEAL/Ranger/Force Recon you don't get payed very well."
The special duty pays help but those are getting snatched away these days too. Oh, the travel. Yes, go to exotic lands. Meet interesting people and kill them. Unless you are an SF guy then you just train local people to kill other local people...and hope they dont decide to kill you....LOL
"The cab driver said... he recognized my girly by the back of her head" -Beasty Boys
Clay

I was about to suggest that you must be off your rocker to spend so much money and time on a Novell certification.
Then I realized that Novell networks are probably at the point just above "extinct" where you have to look really hard (and thus pay really well) to find people who can fix them. You are a slick one, LordAJ702!!

Ummm....I'm a CNE and I'm wondering why anyone would pay for Novell training? You'll be out of a job in a couple years. Novell has already announced that they will be dropping support for Netware after v6 and moving the entire company toward directory services only. Get out now while you can and get some Windows 2000 training.
Personally, I hate MS and love Novell, but it's dying. Don't invest any time or money in it now.
cielos azules y cerveza fría
-Kevin

The novell training is actually part of my degree program...i'm going for computer service and network technology. So i'll be taking a bunch of networking classes. Novell is only one part of it...i'm taking 4 MS networking classes, PC Tech, Novell, Basic and Digital electronics, and a bunch of other stuff. I'll be well rounded when i get out. Hell i don't want to work with Novell either hehehe

Hi Viking... re: abstract photographic study of canopies... I was thinking of focusing on the colours & shapes of canopies... maybe zooming in on panels or cells or isolating them in a photo or blurry shots with trails of colour... so not so much taking photos of (open) canopies but looking at them as pieces of colour and shape... breaking the colours and shapes down into components....
but, don't know how you'd take photos like that! maybe you'd have to alter the negatives or prints afterwards...
cheers, Larissa
"the skies were beautiful when we were young..."
The Orb

Yeah Sis...finish it up so you can be an out of work over qualified entry level skydiver like me....and all the rest of us shit-heads out there looking for work at the same time and not finding ANYTHING thanks to the son of a former president who in *someone* elses infinite wisdom decided to pay everyone for being an American....only to put the older generation in the poor house and have to tax us later to make it all back!!
It is a shame that with all the Ph.D's on Dubya's staff....not one of them has ever put a seconds thought into Ricardian Equivalence. That'll learn them for going further into their profession! Hire the Bachelor degrees!! They THINK more!!
[/my mid-day rant]
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Pyke :P
NZPF A - 2584
USPA C- ?????