Kelly

6 weeks....

heheheheheh!
on saturday i ordered my first rig! I ordered a navy blue, royal blue and red trim Voodo. We designed it on the computer and it looks sweet!! its got white trim and on the eye of the container, where the voodo thing is, there is a little stick figure of a guy going head down. its sooo sweet. white trim going down the side (seperating the back from the sides)
the canopy is a spectre 135, with a PD 126 reserve. The color is Watermelon, and a little white and blueberry. I ordered a bright main cause i jump at cross keys and all the woods around there.. if im going to cut away i want to be able to find it.
this post might be a littel off cause we threw a party for a skydiver friend who was going back to Australia but changed his mind about midnight tonight! only hours before he was going to leave. so sorry if its weird post.
kel

on saturday i ordered my first rig!

Congrats! The only problem now is....that 6 weeks will seem like 6 years.. The Voodoo is a sweet rig - you can't go wrong.. I'm gonna demo one when I go out to Arizona next, probably in a month or so.. Sandy Reid(the owner of Rigging Innovations) rocks! Any time I've had any questions(many) or problems(one), he always talked to me for as long as necessary.. You'll definitely be happy..
Mike

Way to go! I ordered a Voodoo as well. The new Voodoos are version 2. The fit and comfort is excellent. I agree that Sandy Reid (RI) is very helpful as well. Now if only the Cobalt would arrive and the FAA would give the go for VFR. I am waiting patiently.

that 6 weeks will seem like 6 years..
-----------------------------------------------------------------
not really... granted, this past week has dragged by, but its also allowing me to take care of a lot of things that got neglected during the busy season. Consider this down time a benifit... go see your grandparents, paint your living room. Pull the weeds out of your driveway (or even your neighbors!)
or even just hop in the car with another skydiver and head in any general direction... makes for some interesting discoveries.
im getting that tatoo that ive been wanting too. figured that now is as good a time as any, so i wont have to wear shoes. dropzone closed= no work. no jumping. no jumping= no shoes.
kel

chuck,
hehe. the only time i wear shoes is when im jumping. Besides the actual rig, their the first things to come off when i get in the hanger. I dont wear shoes when it rains out because as past experiences have proven, the friggin smiley face in front of the hanger gets awfully slippery when im wearing my $4.35 sandles from walmart :)
about 2 weeks ago i was packing in pants (odd for me) and i was barefoot. My pants have these little bits of fabric on the inside that allows you to button them up to the outside so their shorter... well, i was talking to my friend when i was setting my brakes. I stood up to run my lines and my big left toe got caught in the pants material and i yelled (everybody turned around) and preceded to face plant onto the hanger floor. I couldnt break my fall cause my fingers got caught in my lines (which were tense cause i had a weight on them). Geeze. talk about a funny moment. See what i get for wearing pants?!?! haha
Normally shoeless kelly

"chicks against pants"
and....Guys Against Chics with Pants! G.A.C.P. a not for profit organization.
Yeah....we could use the same speech like in the 60's. "Women burn your bras!" Now it's just burn your bras and pants!
Naked chics rule!
"This conversation ends right here Captain! You can talk to the ALO when he gets back."-Me
Clay

hey guys.. just to get back to the originial point of this post......
My main and reserve came in today!!!!!! whooo heee! and my drunken ass was a bit off on the colors. their watermelon, white, blackberry. and the reserve is yellow. His nickname is tweety. dont ask....