Skystorm

Encouragemen, Please..!!

OK, so this coming weekend I get to jump again, the first time in three months.
And I'm scared. I know everything will be alright, but I have this nervousness, just like the time I did my first jump. So could you please help me out with a little encouragment??
O, and I've quit my job, found something better where they won't tell me I can't get leave because there's no-one to answer the telephones :D !!

Hey Skystorm,
good luck with your jump, I'm sure you'll be fine.. I'm hoping to do my Lvl 3 this weekend. I did Lvl 2 about 2 months ago, so am a bit nervous myself! Everyone says it's not bad to be nervous, so I'll just have to go with that!
blue skies and safe jumps to you,
Larissa

Hey Larissa and Sky! I'm sure you'll both do great. Believe in yourselves. Visualize a great jump and keep positive thoughts. Remember to smile. I'll be thinking of you both. Let us know all about it afterwards! Have fun!!
Skies,
D :P

The same thing happens to me too sometimes, it's normal! Just remember that you know what to do, and practice your emergency procedures. Keep the first dive simple, smile, relax, take a deep breath.....and jump! When you get to the ground safely, you'll wonder why you were so nervous, and you'll be so glad you overcame your fear. Good Luck!
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

Back in March of this year I took my first leap in about 6 months. I was pretty nervous. I had a right to be. I hadn't jumped in 6 months. I had never jumped this rig before. The canopy was the smallest size I had ever jumped. I had never jumped at this drop zone. I had an antique 5 cell reserve. (although freshly packed) Talk about nervous! Well, I practiced my emergency procedures near 100 times before I got to the aircraft. Luckily it was a short ride in the "Mullins plane" I was even having a conversation with the DZO on the way to alti. He really wasn't all that happy about me stacking so many things against me but encouraged me to pull high. All that crap was out of my mind as soon as I got out the door. It was way cool once I was flying again. Did a few PRCP's just to make sure I was stable. Then a few flips and a sit. "Just like ridin a bike" I thought to myself. That one went great! It was the next one where I came within a microsecond of cutting away that was a little scary! Have fun, be safe, you'll do fine!
"The sky resembles a back lit canopy...with holes punched through it"- Incubus
Clay

yep, been scared since day 1...but the more I jump the better it gets...I still get the first jump of the day jitters but overall its lots better than it used to be...I used to need LOTS of encouragement...so its OK to ask!
HANG IN THERE!! :)The Freak Kitty
I lust for the ultimate rush...

Have a great time!! I am working on levels 5 and 6 (hopefully) this weekend (after a long and slow struggle on L4). I completely understand the butterflies you have but once you are out the door-that deep breath and beautiful sky around you will have you feeling right at home again! Like they all say**smile and relax**
I'll send my best while in the skies as well!!
Kasey
We can lift ourselves out of ignorance, we can find ourselves as creatures
of excellence and intelligence and skill. We can be free! WE CAN LEARN
TO FLY!
-Jonathon Livingston Seagull

I remember one time i went 3 weeks without a jump i know thats not too long of a time but when i got into the plane on that 1rst jump i was more nervous then the on my first jump. as soon as i left the door it was one of the best feelings ever as soon as i hit the ground i went right to manifest to get on the next load. Since then i havent gone more than 2 weeks without a jump. Every body gets nervous , its part of the sport im sure your jump will go great...
joe

Thanx to all off you. Reading this tread really helps a lot with the uncertainties.
Sis, the part about we're all together in the sky.. really beautifull words. Two days to jumping and counting every minute. You've should've seen me last night. Arching on my bed practicing my 180's. I must be losing my mind... :o Wonder why? :D
Hang onto Heaven, when hell is on your back