sjcollier

Fan used in the movie drop zone

In the movie drop zone (shot in de land, fl) they have a simulator (a turbine fan) .... where does such a beast exist? I know about the facility in vegas and one in tenn. but what about this fan? a friend was just overseas and saw a company that makes these but we can't find the name or numbers anywhere!!!

go to http://www.bodyflying.ch/ these people are the company in switzerland I believe that make them. I have an investor that is interested in building one at the Perris DZ. hopefully it will be a permanent one. I have contacted the owners of the DZ and they are interested. Hopefully it can be done. Keep fingers crossed.
Blue Skies!
Sinister69

A-38927

go to http://www.bodyflying.ch/ these people are the company in switzerland I believe that make them. I have an investor that is interested in building one at the Perris DZ. hopefully it will be a permanent one. I have contacted the owners of the DZ and they are interested. Hopefully it can be done. Keep fingers crossed.
their are other places on the net you can find out about the tunnels also. just go to goggle and search for "vertical wind tunnel". I'll let you look for em, you computer illiterates need to learn how to use your computers.
Blue Skies!
Sinister69

A-38927

sinister69> interested in building one at the Perris DZ
Whee!
I can't wait to get back to Perris... still stuck in Holland I'm afraid :-(
I take it PVSS will be very happy with this (although on the
other hand they will be making less money from level repeats
*grin*).
Soft landings,
Alphons

I think that that movie was shot at a south Fl DZ. Cutaway was shot at DeLand (for the most part). That wind maker, I think, came from the OLD Z-hills DZ (phoenix or something like that), it was set up down by the keys somewhere, actually if you watch the credits, it'll give you a rough idea where. It's just a motor spinning a DC-3 prop.

Fab> Hee Fonz
Hi Fab!
Fab> Is www.parachute.nl becoming to boring?
There's definately more traffic here. And it helps me to keep an eye on what's happening at Perris.
Besides, the people here are a lot more friendly than those over at www.parachute.nl
Blue skies,
Alphons

Went to a windtunnel in huckelhoven germany a few weeks ago (bad weather, had to do something skydive related) and had a lot of fun, but MAN was it difficult.
Should have a nice video from the whole thing online anytime soon.
And Fonzy and Fab, you're not the only Dutchies around here :)