SpeedRacer

The Onion

I know this story (From The Onion.com) is almost two weeks old, but I had to post this:
President Urges Calm, Restraint Among Nation's Ballad Singers
WASHINGTON, DC— In the wake of the recent national tragedy, President Bush is urging Mariah Carey, Michael Jackson, and other singers to resist the urge to record mawkish, insipid all-star tribute ballads. "To America's recording artists, I just want to say, please, there has already been enough suffering," Bush said. "The last thing we need right now is a soaring Barbra Streisand-Brian McKnight duet titled 'One For All.'" Reports that the FBI had confiscated several notebooks and audio tapes from Diane Warren's home could not be confirmed as of press time.
Speed Racer
"Come up to my lab,
And see what's on the slab!"

I was thinking about this the same day as the WTC attack. Believe me, I feel as strongly as anybody about it but I was like geez, now somebody’s gonna go and try and make another “We Are the World”. God I hated that song.
Josh
"Well I may be crazy, but YOU'RE boring!"

They still play "we are the world" here in Singapore. A LOT!
I was having the same thoughts.
Then I saw an article that Michael Jackson had announced plans to bring together a group of artists to perform a tribute called "What more can I give?"
I would donate money for him NOT to do that.

Well, looks like the presidential appeal didn't work!
The United We Stand concert is going ahead. It's going to have NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey,and God knows what else!
I wonder if the Taliban is behind this??:o
Speed Racer
The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind
-Bogart