Alexg3265

Hiper USA no more?

So maybe I've been under a rock, but what the hell happened to hiper USA? I know Beezy passed in 07, but I thought the company still remained. I have a nitro with a 2010 mfg date....?

I was trying to get a demo for my wife and their website is up. I never got any response to my request so I called and the # is disconnected. So....... No more nitros?:|

Anyone have any info?
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

Anyone know when or why they closed....? I just remembered them being awesome with demos and my wife is in the market for a new main.
I love my nitro, so this was just kinda sad to me.... The nitron is basically the same thing, different line trims. But the major difference is the fabric and pack volume.
I am at the bottom end of my container and this galvenor fabric nitro was perfect, as it packed bigger and allowed me to fill the container better, and essentially let me keep my rig and reserve while putting a smaller sq ft canopy in the container. My 150 packs like my old 170 used to and bigger than my 159 Safire that was in it before. She's in a similar situation.
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

While i don't know it for sure 100%, i recall that the Nitro is a german made canopy (hiper) that was also manufactured through license by hiperusa and PA (nitron).

That PR site linked above seems to be live and updated last month, and then there's also the original german 'brand'. Worth a try contacting them if you are after info http://hipercanopies.com/contact/

Joellercoaster

I don't think anyone anywhere is making canopies out of that Gelvenor any more (or in quite a while).

Just for education purposes--Gelvenor is technically the name of the fabric mill. They are still in business and still making fabric for canopies: http://www.gelvenor.co.za/ Many skydivers have just referred to this as Gelvenor.

The "stickier" fabric (also bulkier and cheaper) that they made that was used in the Nitro, the hornet and some other canopies was Gelvenor LCN 0286. It was a polymer based yarn. Ceased production probably to comply with pollution standards. Gelvenor now makes zp fabric using the siliconizing method virtually identical to that of other fabric mills.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"