jtval

of the subject SRV fans

Who is Stevie Vay Raughn?

OK I am officially old. :P
SRV was IMHO one of the baddest blues rock player ever to walk the earth, if not the baddest. Like, Hendrix class.
Died way too early. :(
"Wear the grudge like a crown. Desperate to control. Unable to forgive. And we're sinking deeper."

Live at the el Mocambo does indeed rock my balls. You should check out his Live @ Austin City Limits video. It has two performances; one while he was still all whacked on booze and dope, and the second performance after he sobered up. The behind the back solo in Texas Flood is unbelievable. If ever in Austin, go down to Town Lake and check out the Bronze statue of SRV. And if so inclined, you can even burn one down late at night sittin on the benches around the statue.

Being a Blues player myself, SRV is More than the guitar god he's the Ultimate God. Ever Heard the song lenny, His soul is all over this one. He's in a whole different category than the other's IMHO He's byhimself in this one.
"Wellllll it's Floodin' downnnnn in Texas, aaaall the telephone linesss are down" SRV

This guy gave alot of people a reason to play. IMO there's no bad musician only different alot of different styles. Don't get me wrong you still need some music sense to be a player.
"Welllll i love my baby like the finest wiiiine, stick with her tiiill the end of time" SRV

This guy gave alot of people a reason to play. IMO there's no bad musician only different alot of different styles. Don't get me wrong you still need some music sense to be a player.

I wasn't trying to put anyone down, I was just being (more than) a little pedantic by pointing out that when 'only the good die young', it doesn't necessarily mean that you're 'good' when you 'die young'.
[disclaimer]
Hey, I'm a computer programmer, dealing with logic problems is what I do for a living...;)
[/disclaimer]
:)Ramon :)

LOL! Hope not. I understood what you were sayin and it's true look at Hendrix, Joplin etc.. Ok they were all on dope but still they died young and they were good. BTW it's Hendrix B-day 2day Happy B-Day Jimi...........
"Excuse me while i kiss the sky" J.H.