GulfCoastXtreme

What about the Pisa 190

Ok, then, if it's a Hornet you wil be getting, I think you will like it. Do a search on the forums, a lot of people have put in their opinions about the flight characteristics already. In my opinion, you'll get smooth openings, and a responsive canopy.
Hey, wait a minute...my rig is up for sale (it's too big for me)..buy mine, buy mine! :D
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

To add on to what others have said...PISA makes 3 canopies that are sold in the US...2 mains (Hornet & Heatwave) & 1 reserve (Tempo).
As a first canopy, the hornet is GREAT! Most put 100's of jumps on it and still love it! It comparable to the Saber-II in many ways (except for swooping/diving) only much cheaper (price wise). New Hornets are sold @ www.para-service.com for $910, so use that as a bargaining tool. I got mine for $675 w/ 40 jumps...but that was pure luck! Search the forum (especially Gear & Rigging forum) and you will find many threads about the Hornet. Also, make sure to pick your instructors brain...they are a wealth of knowledge. Hope this helps.
Blue Sky & Semper Fi
Majdi

OK....since we are splitting hairs....The Skymaster only comes in 230 and 290 Sq Ft sizes.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Clay but at my DZ we have Skymaster 200's, 230's and 290's. I think we might even have one 260 but I would have to check...
Kris
Trust me, I hooked them up. :)

Well, if you're talking about a Hornet 190, I love the one I've been jumping. I feel like its just about right for my skill level (or lack of skill ;)). I recently found out that it doesn't like very very rapid alternating turns, the canopy collapses, but I'm willing to be I would have collapsed ANY canopy trying to do what I was doing (I was over 4k when I was doing it, though).
AggieDave '02
Too much of anything is bad, Too much burbon is just right.--MarkTwain

And, I always get nervous when somebody says ...trust me I hooked them up..

Hehe. You should only worry when I say that in relation to my own rig. It's policy at my DZ that any work (not requiring a certified rigger) on student rigs is checked by no less than two other staff members or a staff rigger.
Kris
Now packing... that's a completely different story for me. Especially sad since I jump a Stiletto. :$