theplummeter

Pricing question for 2001 container/reserve

I am almost finished putting together my new rig and am getting ready to sell the old one. I asked my rigger for advice on what price to list but he wasn't sure.

Here are the details:

Velocity Sports Infinity Container, all black, hip rings, RSL, manufactured 8/2001. Less than 400 jumps. The container is almost like new (save a little dust) and has new risers (2013), a new party bag (2013), and a brand new pilot chute with 9' bridle (2014). It went to Infinity at the start of the 2013 season and had all the tabs replaced and a full inspection.

Precision Micro Raven reserve manufactured 8/2001 with 15 repacks and one ride (flew wonderfully).

Cypres manufacured 4/2002, so that will expire in October of this year and can't be repacked again.

Any estimates on a fair price?

Size of container? Which one is it, what canopies does it hold and how big is the person the harness was made for?

Size of reserve?

Some sizes will command a premium and sell very quickly. Others... Not so much.

Even in really good shape, they are 13 & 12 years old.

Some people will think that they are worthless. :)

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Private Party - Private party = ask $800, take $650 if offered.

Private Party to reseller - they'll probably offer you $500.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

You are the ONLY person that says Micro-Raven flew fine.

I saw three Micro-raven landings. None of them walked back to the dz.

and wasn't brand new Infinity back in 2001 started at around 1000 dollar without any options??
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

wasn't brand new Infinity back in 2001 started at around 1000 dollar without any options??

No, they were about 1600 when I bought miy first one in 2002
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

stayhigh

You are the ONLY person that says Micro-Raven flew fine.

and wasn't brand new Infinity back in 2001 started at around 1000 dollar without any options??

I've heard this a ton of times on the forum but after a spinning malfunction and cutaway the Raven opened quickly and on heading, and I had a nice stand up landing at 5000 feet in Longmont, CO at ninety degrees. I also rode another Micro Raven 150 that didn't do as well, but saved my life and led to a gentle PLF that probably could have been stood up had I been more confident.

I don't hate the reserve and planned to keep it with my new container. A jumper at my dropzone made an offer on the container with the reserve so I ordered a new one, only to have the original deal fall through.

theplummeter

***You are the ONLY person that says Micro-Raven flew fine.

I've heard this a ton of times on the forum but after a spinning malfunction and cutaway the Raven opened quickly and on heading, and I had a nice stand up landing at 5000 feet in Longmont, CO at ninety degrees. I also rode another Micro Raven 150 that didn't do as well, but saved my life and led to a gentle PLF that probably could have been stood up had I been more confident.

I don't hate the reserve and planned to keep it with my new container. A jumper at my dropzone made an offer on the container with the reserve so I ordered a new one, only to have the original deal fall through.

Just to be clear - a lightly(ish) loaded Raven (only available in 181,218,249 and 282 sq ft) and and overloaded MicroRaven (available in sized as small as 109) are fairly different animals.