Pammi

Columbia, SC

holy SHIT Pammi that's my hometown!! I love it there. I figure you're doing all the research on schools and jobs and housing so I'll spare you the pitch on that. As for DZs, there are two fairly close by. Blue Sky Adventures is in St. George, about 80 minutes down I-26. 1 King Air full time, air-conditioned manifest building, showers... what else do you want to know about it? (It's my home DZ.) Also, Skydive Carolina is about 90 minutes north of Columbia, in Chester. I've never been there so I can't give you the scoop, but their website is http://www.skydivecarolina.com.
If you have any questions about Columbia just PM me or even call. I'd be happy to answer them for you!
PTiger

Thanks guys! Anything you have about the area is fantastic. It sounds comparable to Raleigh, which Merrick loved when he visited. Are tech jobs pretty plentiful? The person who called this morning has something in mind for him, but it's a contract job for about 9 months. However, she said there are 3 or so in his area of knowledge right now, and they would pro-actively find him another if this one didn't turn permanent. Plus they'd pay some of our moving expenses. I'm just looking at average rent, schools, crime rate and such now to see if we'd like it because we want to go somewhere where we can stay for a long time...I've had enough moving lately :) Neither of us expected to stay where we are now, though, so leaving here is not a bad thing :)
Closing pin jewelry

"I think you started laughing after seeing one of my landings !"
True....they were much improved on the Hornet. Don't dog yourself too bad. I don't know many people that could land an F-111 canopy with 40,106 jumps on it........I think you were doing pretty well to get slower than terminal....:D
"I got some beers....Let's Drink em!!!"
Clay

I also highly recommend Blue Sky Adventures in St. George, SC - my home DZ. Very close to Columbia. I travel from Savannah, about 90 miles south of the DZ. Great people, King Air, Boogie every October. Just an awesome place. 1-877-RIPCORD and blueskyadventures.com. Hope to see you there.

Very cool guys! Thanks for the info! Merrick is a computer geek, er, I mean...Merrick is a Systems Analyst. I'm learning that is a huge catagory though...specifically he did mainframe programming at his last job. So.... he's been sending out resumes everywhere in the US. Especially Raleigh area as we had wanted to move there previously, then after Sept. 11, they rescinded the job offer. Columbia was where he got the phone call from this morning with an offer in mind...he's having to do some techie testing first. :)
Closing pin jewelry