skybytch

A new skydiver is born!

Yeah, both JMs can deploy main that way.

Do you guys have the same setup at your DZ? I've seen different ways of doing that(such as a handle that just opens up the BOC from the reserve side), but never that type of setup with a pud on that side......just kinda curious exactly how that one works..
Mike

Mike, ours are set up the same way, there is a section of yelloy cable running along the bottom of the BOC. The BOC is put together like a zipper with half the loops on the top and the other half on the bottom.The teeth wrap around to the handle. The top of the BOC (away from the body) is sewn to the containter while the botom is held shut with the yellow cable running in the loops of the "teeth" of the boc. A yank on the cable and the boc just flaps open. Then all you have to do is have the PC catch air and its a deploymeny :)I want to touch the sky, I want to fly so high ~ Sonique

Ah, ok....so it's the same as I'm used to, just with a different handle.. It looks like that rig had the same setup that I'm used to, which is the same type of cable but with a red handle that was velcro'd to the reserve side of the main container closing flap(look at the velcro still in place in that pic).. I've seen that system in action a couple times, and getting that BOC pouch open is plenty - both times it resulted in an immediate deployment..
Mike

Congrats, David !
(now who gets first crack at the family credit card, for purchasing new gear ?):)And i wonder what it will be like, having a canopy Nazi for a mother..........."C'mon, Mom.......I've got 300 jumps now.....can I PLEASE trade in this Manta 288 for something smaller ??!!?"
Don