mgaillar

Who said Skydiving was dangerous??

I used to do a bit of survival camping, and if you know what you're doing, you can actually make some very tasty food. Nice salads, some good warm tea...you just have to know what to look for and how to do it without anything. :)Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

Wait a minute. Cro Magnon man was not around 250,000 years ago. you're going back to Homo erectus there

My bad ...it was Neadertal(spl) that survived 250,000yrs but we've still only been around about 30,000yr.
and

Judging by some of the spelling on this forum, that may itself be an issue for debate.

Yeah I got a long was to go before I ever evolve some form fo inteligence!!!!!:)
jason

However, I certainly don't have a problem with people who try and live a little less disruptively.

I have a problem with skydivers who claim to be environmentalists (and I am not directing this at any one person). Do you have a clue how much fuel we burn driving two hours every weekend to climb aboard an Otter with 20 others going to 14k to throw ourselves out repetitively throughout the weekend? Follow that up with rabid beer consumption leading to dumpster loads of glass heading to the landfill.
Again, I am not directing this to anyone in particular, but if you want to live the life of a skydiver, STFU about the environment.
mike
...red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me...

....I do piss on the grass...

Hey, they haulted freeway construction on Interstate 10 for 6 months while they debated if it was protected "wetland". -
Please don't piss on the grass ... Save our landing area from being declared "protected wetlands"
It's coastal Texas for christs sake
Fly Your Slot !

I don't get it? What are you associating brute strength to? Yourself?
Yeah, I just re-read your post and the only thing that makes sense is that you were trying to say you were super strong or something like that? Is that correct?
"pull high! It's lower than you think..."

you were trying to say you were super strong or something like that? Is that correct?

AggieDave has superpowers beyond any human comprehension. His "Meteor Sit With Gravity Boost" is a marvel to behold! :D
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

No, I wasn't trying to say anything about myself, I was talking about human intellect and how human's strengths were in the mind. No matter how strong you are, you probably won't be able to over power a grizzly bear with your bare hands. Well, I could, but then...just kidding. ;)
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

G'Day billvon,

or for a frog to coexist with a nuclear power plant

Dude, I don't wanna burst your bubble but I lived next to the Savannah River Site (nuclear arms/weapons developement/storage site and the only place in the world where Tritium is made). There are frogs in the swamps there with two heads, three and four back legs, deer that are radiated, snakes with two heads and cockroaches that are transparent. So much for man's coexistance with nature...lol.
FFF

God created us

Sorry, Dave, but that's the biggest load of bullshit there is. IMHO ...

we are the supreme organism on the planet.

You're kidding! Today humas may SEEM to be, but remember -- the dinosaurs were here for waayyyyyy longer that we will be... c'mon dude - every species has a life expectancy - you know -- extinction... and we are vulnerable to MANY organisms on this planet. Do you know what the most common form of communication is on this planet??? Bio-luminescance ... organismas that live deep in the oceans (remember - they cover 70% of this planet) use it to communicate... and chances are you've never even heard of it, or know what sort of creatures use it. To quote the great (well - good anyway) Canadian rock band Trooper, us humans are "here for a good time, not a long time". "Self Awareness" doesn't guarantee our position as "supreme organism" ... it somehow proves our ignorance, though...
Ok, I'm only 1/2 drunk... gotta get back to the beer 'fridge

IMHO ...

Yup, your opinion. That's what great about the US (the server is in the US, thus subject to our laws, so i'm not trying to exclude all the other countries out there), you can have that opinion and I can have mine. We can agree to disagree, go jump and have a beer. :)Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

Actually, I believe God=Mother Nature and/or Mother Earth. And yes that would make God a woman. Who else would come up with landslides and volcanoes?
There is one species of animal which will kill humans for no other reason than for being there--not for sustainance. Anybody know what animal it is?
mike
...red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me...