Armin

Experience with Icarus Reserve

Hi,

Does anyone has experience with icarus reserves?
Anyone had already a ride on it?!

Maybe i will buy a used gear and there is a 119 Icarus Reserve inside but i have no experience with this reserve. I only used my PD reseve but i didn't heard any negative stuff about Icarus R....

Thanks and best regards!

Same I have only jumped a nano set up as a main. Flew pretty well and lander nicer then I thought it would. I'v never jumped a Optimum but from talking to people that have seems like they have similar qualities. Its what I just bought for my next rig i'm putting together now.

Thanks for the great feedback! I think i will make the deal.
The 119 Icarus Reserve packs similar to PD113 and i think the quality is also the same.

The only thing i heard is that the Icarus Reserve is tested up to 115kg and also allowed till this limit. But the recommended weight limit for 119 is only 72,5kg. It is marked as maximum exit weight on the label but in the manual as "recommended" MEW.
For me its no problem because i have 65kg plus rig is 72kg, so i am still in the tolerance. :)
Blue Skies,
Armin

I think it has to do with the long term strength of the higher denier fabric and that it's cheaper than comparable low bulk reserves.

Optimum and Speed 2000 would have also worked as I have started jumping a wingsuit recently and want to upsize my reserve.

I was originally going to keep my Micro Raven but it is selling with my old container.