MarkM

And so it begins, again

Well, after one and a half years sitting on my butt after dropping my SL progression training(got too damn cold) and moving down to Florida, I'm officially a student again. I had planned on waiting until I finished tunnelcamp in March, but I couldn't stop myself from signing up for AFP classes.
I was dying to jump. I was in withdrawal, bad. This site didn't help with that. At all.
Not many DZs down here give a crap about previous SL trained jumps. Heh, one went over their AFF program and summed up the last jump "and then you'll do a solo!".
Heh, HELLO, I've done 17 f'ing solos already(on the dope rope and freefalls). My first jump was a solo, my last jump was a solo, every jump in between was a solo.
And even fewer will let a student jump with a BOC toss out which is what I used before. Seems BOC ripcords are the norm down here. I guess it's needed with AFF so either instructor can pull for the student, but I don't feel like doing ripcord for 7 jumps just to switch back to something I've already done freefalls on.
Anyway, found a decent DZ that will work around my faults so I signed up for classes this Saturday.
And wouldn't you know it, my bank sent me a pre-approved loan that'll cover all this and a brand new container for my rig :)Must be fate.

Hey, that's cool, Mark. I remember thinking you were conspicuously absent from the forums after the upgrade last Feb., and I was happy to see you start posting again.
Welcome back to the sky! Shed that uncomfortable coat of whuffoness! Maybe I'll run into you as we pass each other at the tunnel camps. :)Walk a mile in your enemy's shoes. Then you're a mile away and have his shoes.

Do you remember arguing with my of my not recomending Static Line as an instructional program?

Heh, yeah. But SL sure was a hell of a lot cheaper. Oh well, my bike is gonna be paid off in 5 years, this stuff will be done in about 3. Guess that means it's a bargain.

Cool man, good to see you're back at it.. Which DZ you training at down there?

Skydive America Palm Beach. Their rigs use BOC toss out and their AFP program is pretty flexible. When I'm licensed I'll definately be playing at other DZs though too. I'm thinking about doing weekend campouts regularly. Leave straight from work on Friday, drive out to Sebastian, Deland, Homestead, wherever, toss up a tent, sleep in and jump all day Saturday/Sunday.
Hit both Sebastain and Skydive America today and both were really well setup for that. Can't help but think there would be a lot of other dropzones down here I could also escape to like that.