rhino

Bare your SOUL ........... If you dare,,,,,,,

I'm sharing this with the closest family I have..
June 17, 2001 5 a.m.
I vow from this day forward to make the best decisions that I can make for my
sons sake for our sake. I vow to be patient. I vow to take care of those who
take care of me. I vow not to take care of those who have not taken care of
me. I vow to fight for as long as it takes to be the father that I am to my
son Daniel and to clear my name. I vow to be a full time Dad and to get full
custody of my son not allowing anyone to take those rights from me no matter
how long it takes. No matter how hard the road or how steep the climb I will
continue to move forward doing the right things for Daniels sake fighting
harder and pushing harder. The more difficult it gets the harder I push and
the stronger I will stand. I vow to use all of this frustration and pain in my
life as fuel instead of the alternative. My needs and wants are secondary to
Daniels, I am his servant and I will live up to my responsibility as his
father with great enthusiasm and anticipation as I have in the past. I will
allow no one to take these rights from me. I will severely punish those who
interfere with my relationship with my son. I swear to never make my son feel
guilty for being himself and loving anyone. I swear that I will be the safest
place in Daniels heart where he can rest and be truly at home. I vow to fix
any damage that has been done by my X-wife and her dysfunctional family. My son is
my angel and I will be his. My son will always be able to count on me. For my
son I promise that no matter what road you choose I am right behind you win or
lose. I promise to teach my son how to be courageous and brave. I vow to take
the wrongs that others have done to me and apply them to make me a better
person and to shield others from that pain. I vow not to have loved in vain. I
vow to love harder instead of building walls for the next person in my life. I
vow to look out for others that do not have the capability to look out for
themselves. I vow to instill confidence in others and to always be an up
lifter of spirits. I vow to love all of my future children just as much as the
first. I vow to teach others to value the time they have with their little
ones because it could be the last time they have. I vow to continue to fight
for what I believe in. I vow to be honest with myself and with God.
Blue Skies and Smooth Rides!!

Courage, honesty and conviction are rare commodities these days.
Be the best father you can be.
When the going gets tough, remember that the rest of us are expecting you to follow your original post.
The toughest part is going to be focusing your frustrated energies in a positive direction.

Same old story....Ex-wife moves across the country with my son. Tried to get me sent to prison for 8-10 years. Did her best to hide from me. Cost me bunches of money. 4 Years later I'm still waiting to get to court.....She's a convicted felon and still has custody of my son....What a wonderful time it has all been.....
"I only have 133 jumps, so I don't know shit..right?"-Clay

You are so very right... It is unimaginably hard to do.. I've been in court 2 years, had 3 psychological evals, past all 3 with flying colors "she failed hers" , spent $25,000 on attorneys and private investigators so far. And I have to take what I can get out of sheer timing.. It has taken 2 years to establish a track record with the court so now the child is ESTABLISHED.. Very frustrating.. They say follow the rules.. I did.. And It still costs my son.. Very frustrating!!
2 years ago my now x-wife kidnapped my son in the middle of a move from Tn to Tx. She ended up in Michigan.. So here I am fighting for custody in a system that doesn't work for kids. I want to blast her in court but all that would do is take my son's childhood away. I want him to enjoy being a kid not remember his childhood as a blurr of anger and frustration.
So I had to be the bigger person.. Rather than "getting pay back and vendication" I chose to lay down the proverbial sword and set an example. It turns out that you can kill them with kindness. I have had my son going on 10 weekends in a row now and I'm going to get at least 50/50 custody..
Whoever is reading this.. It's not about parents rights.. It's about the childrens rights..
Although sometimes I feel like SCREAMING!! HE IS MY SON I HAVE A RIGHT TO SEE HIM WHENEVER THE HELL I WANT!!!!! I can only scream that to myself.. It is about him after all..
Rhino

"Don't ever give up on your boy.."
Hell...I have too much money invested now...60K at least so far....Just spent another $2500 on a new lawyer a couple weeks ago....It really is getting old but I'm sure it will make all the difference in the world when he gets older and starts to understand what all went on....
"I only have 133 jumps, so I don't know shit..right?"-Clay

Man I feel for ya both....
Divorce was official almost a year ago,, but seperated long before that,, my daughter was mad for a long time,, 14 yrs old at the time,,, X has full custody,, now she's 16 and I think starting to realize that relationships don't always work out and I'm not a bad person,,, I go today to try and qualify for a home loan that will allow her to spend more time with me and be closer to her friends,,, It hasn't been easy but kids are stronger than we give them credit for,, agree with the givem lots a love,, thats something they need,, and my X and I keep our problems seperate from the needs of our daughter,, I pray you guy's eventually get to the same point,, my daughter is excited to do a tandem when old enough and really wants to be there when I do my 100th jump,, which weather permitting could be this weekend,, her being there would make it really special,,, so hang in there and I think as long as you both focus on whats best for the child the courts will eventually see the light,,,
Blue skies

Good for you Billy.. Have fun on the jump with your girl!! When my X-wife ran I immediately filed for divorce in Tx.. She dragged it on for a year knowing it would keep me away from my son.. She also filed later in Michigan just to drag it on further knowing it would cause further complications and cost more time. I talked to my son almost every night for that year.. The judge gave me everything and signed off on the divorce and I ran to Michigan for the first job I could get my hands on.. Talk about evil.. "Parent Alienation" was a big issue. She tried to turn him against me. My 2.5 year old boy!! Some people are sick!!
I commend you for being able to keep your issues separate.. I have always been willing to do that but she hasn't. In time I have forced her to through the court. I have also managed to stop the parent alienation.
If anyone is having problems with parents turning kids against the other parent I can point you in the right direction. Custody can be TOTALLY and INSTANTLY reversed due to parent alienation..
Rhino

"is that your children will eventually put you all into an old folk,s home."
No....but I would like him to hire an 18 yr old nurse to give me a sponge bath daily..

Clay, you should be more specific. You didn't even say a female 18 year old nurse. Unless you don't care.... :o
Justin