skyhawk

chopper

Do you want to fly one for fun or for a living?They are very expensive to learn and also to remain current.However i love them and feel much more comfortable flying rotary than fixed wing.If you have any other questions let me know.

both :) i want to do it for fun but also eventually earn money off it , yer i know what you mean about expensive over here it is like $30 000 to get your licence , lets just say ill be doing it over a couple of years lol
Opinions are like a-holes everyone has one, the only one that does you any good is yours and all that comes out is shit

unfortanitly im in australia :( dont get me wrong id love to go to the states but then you have to double the price lol shitty dollar
Opinions are like a-holes everyone has one, the only one that does you any good is yours and all that comes out is shit

i drove through it a couple of times... pretty much talk to cows and dodge combines on lowboys! so flat you can watch your dog run away from home for three days.
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings

It takes some time to make money at it and even then unless you do some type of utility flying,its not much.Fires pay well so does powerlines and rescue,but logging is pretty much dead now.But at least its generally accepted that Helidrivers have bigger nuts than fixed wing drivers.

SkyHawk,
I don't know how keen you are about signing up for the military, but that may be the cheapest way to learn to fly choppers. Back in the olden days (when I was on a fire crew) most of the helicopter pilots were former Vietnam pilots. They accumulated about a million hours in combat. Those that survived often turned to civilian flying jobs. This used to be a very risky way to learn how to fly a helicopter. In the military now very few are being shot down, but things could change depending on the conflict. I had some friends who were going through Warrant Officer Flight back in 1970. I guess it is a demanding program. If you wash out you may never see a helicopter. That's how things often work in the military. I had another friend who was going through civilian helicopter flight training. He inherited a bunch of money so he could afford it. I know it is very expensive training. The Forest Service still hires a lot of helicopter pilots. Columbia Helicopters had a lot of logging type helicopters in the Northwest U.S. They may be doing most of their logging in South East Alaska now. Steve

yer thought bout that but over here you have to be an officer, and i dont meet the educational requirments (i think im 1 board subject off) im going to do either army or business world once i finish uni, dunno yet