skymama

Finding flight info

I don't fly very much, but I know some of you all do. What websites do you go to, to find the best prices on flights? I only know of Travelocity. I used Priceline once, but I didn't like the round about way I had to get to my destination...it took forever to get there. Also, is there a way to check out specific airports to see which planes fly into which airport, so I can go directly to those airline websites and see if the price is any better?
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

Also, is there a way to check out specific airports to see which planes fly into which airport, so I can go directly to those airline websites and see if the price is any better?

Yeah, the airlines webpages will have the airports they fly into. Depending on where you're going, its sometimes cheaper to get the tickets directly from them.
"If I could be like that, I would give anything, just to live one day, in those shoes..."

I have had the best luck with Orbitz.com although they do not handle Southwest Airlines. They will show you all carriers in order of cost. So you can pick and choose the best time, lowest cost, etc.
B| Gemini
... Fear? Fear is riding the plane down ...

Well, I was kind of hoping to not have to go to every airline webpage to see where they fly to. I don't even know what all the airlines are, that's how infrequently I fly. Do you know who flies to Syracuse or Ithica, NY?
Andrea

Syracuse or Ithica, NY?

Coming up to my neck o' the woods, eh?
Ithaca is U.S. Air...I just flew into there yesterday to pick up a plane from maintenance...:)Syracuse...hmm- I know Southwest does, I believe JetBlue does, but I will find out for you....
What brings you up here?
"If I could be like that, I would give anything, just to live one day, in those shoes..."

Andrea,
You can try Expedia.com, cheaptickets.com or skyauctions.com. I would also try the airlines direct websites because many times their rates are the same or cheaper than these so called discount websites. My airline of choice has been Delta because I get the skymiles and they fly to most of the destinations I am interested in going to. I have booked directly through Delta and have gotten rates lower than what was quoted on travelocity, etc.
Good luck.
BTW, I will be at Skydive Space Center from May 2 till May 13 for my AFF. If you can, stop by and say hello.
Skydivers...they're just plain cool!
Chris

What brings you up here?

Not me, the kids are going up with their father to see Grandma.

If you can, stop by and say hello.

Good luck! I never make it out there though. Come over to Deland and you can find me. Hope you've budgeted some money to make it out to the tunnel too, that's always fun.
Andrea

Good luck! I never make it out there though. Come over to Deland and you can find me. Hope you've budgeted some money to make it out to the tunnel too, that's always fun.

Tunnel time is included in my package. I prepaid the AFF. Since I will have 12 days to devote to skydiving, I am hoping I can finish AFF and get my A license. If this happens, I plan to check out Deland and Sebastian.
Skydivers...they're just plain cool!
Chris

As I have traveled quite extensively in the past few years I am always looking for good fares. Expedia is good but if you are on a strict schedule don't use the bargain fare. I never book a flight until I have checked all of the carriers websites and the peripherals. Orbitz by the way is owned by a group of carriers and is under investigation for unfare practices....that just in this am on GMA. I have found the best non-restrictive fares on Expedia. Don't you know somebody that could get you a buddy pass? HEY you guys..anybody?
It only takes a little pixie dust......

All of these answers are good.
I'm gonna suggest two big sites: travelocity and orbitz. These are the blue-chip online travel sites. Both have excellent database lookups.
However southwest doesn't sell there. So also check out www.southwest.com I'm not sure about jetblue, so check out www.jetblue.com too.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

Andrea,
You sound like you are on the right track. Go to the airlines web site that you think you will use. And you are on the right track about which airlines support which airports more. I.E. Delta IS good from Miami, Dallas is American Country, Chicago, SF are United hubs.....
I always try to fly United since I have FF with them, but I priced the same flights on both United and Travelocity. United was about $200 cheaper mostly because they have internet specials....
Shop around and Good luck
I'm not talking about your pig tails, I'm talking about your sex appeal.... hit the road and I'm gone....

It must be Deland, because unfortunately, I don't think I ever had the pleasure of meeting Marshall.

WHAT?! I'm offended that you've forgotten me....lol, JUST KIDDING! No, I was referring to DeLand. Unfortunately, I never did get to meet Skymama, although I'm sure I've seen her around out there before. Not to worry though, I will be back in FL very soon- and for good this time! :)"If I could be like that, I would give anything, just to live one day, in those shoes..."