Iflyme

My knee hurts

I got a couple of great jumps in on Saturday, then on Sunday, I was kneeling down for something, and my left knee went "pop pop pop". Today the doctor said "torn ligaments". I guess I won't be jumping for at least a month -- maybe longer. I'm hobbling around now with a cane, doing the heat treatment thing, and gulping down anti-inflamatories. I'll be heading back to work on wednesday, limping around like a gimp...
This SUCKS!!!
"There's nothing new under the sun"

Ouch, Frank. I feel your pain. I have five injuries right now and it sux. I can't run because of bruised left ankle and lower back pain. I have barely enough strength on my left wrist to pull my reserve ;) and the rotator cuff on my right shoulder kills me every time I have a hard opening. I still manage to jump, tho ;). This year shall be remebered as the injury-year for me. Hope you'll heal in time for Kamloops.
favaks

Ice it too,,
and ya,, ya better be ready for Kamloops!! Talked with Pat the other day an looks like we may fly up with the C-207 turbine,, man that just bites,, hope ya heal up quick,, I ordered ya a shirt by the way,, and hay,, how many legs do ya need anyway,, I skied the last month one year on one leg after blowing out my ankle,, so no sissy excuses,, ya get your shirt at 10K
Don't read this shit down here,, it's nonsense,,,

hope ya heal up quick

Me too! Thanks for ordering me the t-shirt, Billy! I will make every effort to be in Kamloops!!!
Favaks, I've got something going on with my left shoulder -- gonna get that looked at Thursday... No fun having a body that isn't in top form!
"There's nothing new under the sun"

Chin up sweetie,
I have two bum knees. Only one until last November when I completly blew out my ACL due to left side of canopy colasping (hanger burble) around 6' off the ground. So now two bad knees. Keep doing the treatment and taking your anti-inflamitories. Make sure you do alot quad / strengthing exersises. I stayed on the ground for 4 weeks after I lost my ACL. Then I got a really good brace (hard sides) and landed on my ass for the next 3 weeks. Maybe use a big fat pig canopy for a while so you wont have to run nothing out (hopefully). But to make a long story short.....dont jump until you feel good about it. Losing a couple weeks is much more painless than losing a couple of months or ever worse years!
Remember.....the Skydive is not over until you have landed ;-)
Blues and chin up,
Tami
Scotty -n- Tami

Geez!! Would you guys stop hurting yourselves. I'm kinda sore after riding in the harness for 14,000 feet on that first jump and tweeked a knee I guess running out a landing. No crutches though!!! :)"I only have a C license, so I don't know shit..right?"-Clay

Elevate it and use ice, not heat. I tore 2 of my ligaments (ACL and MCL) last April. I jumped again in July and made it through the summer though my knee kept giving out unexpectedly so I finally had surgery on it in November. It's a long recovery time because the graft they use to replace the ACL has to get established and that can take a year or two. Most doctors won't release you for sports for at least 6 months. I slid a lot of my landings in last summer because I figured I had nothing to lose since my knee was already wrecked but I'm not rushing back this time because I do NOT want to go through this again if I screw up. I'm hoping to get back up in the air by July. Knee injuries suck. Good luck!
Blue Skies,
D