Pammi

So, Airann..help me!

DEREK- Back slowly away from the Target.... lower the weapon... back s l o w l y away. ****WHACK**** Ann hits him over the head, likely with something soft. (Dude has seriously cut and buffed torso) He might could beat me up, but I dont it. I am too jiggleie.
In-law used to have a Pet Psych come over. He discussed with the Bassett Hound his issues with 2 new Rottwilers in the house each at 180 or so. Let me think..... uh, new guys are bigger, I am feeling supressed and depressed, can I have extra attention......., Psych for Animals =$75. Peaceful B. Hound - - - - ummm.... =$75
Your guy looks confused and interested. Could be Merrik doing something freaky behind the camera, as we all know he is capable of...Or he could need more introduction into your home. Take him in every room by himself. Explain the rulz. Go in yard alone. Walk him alone. Then in like a day or two afater all that, he is comfortable. IF he is a rescue, better do this a couple of times. Also the share the toy stuff rulez. And tell the kids he is the new guy so be nice for a week. All common sense here.
HOWEVER.... Once at band camp when I had tons of cash laying around. Skeet did have a personal trainer.. Kathy and she charged $75 hr also. BUT, when she came the 3 times. whatever it was was fixed for good. I can tell you how.... another thread... animal training too fukin easy- by AirAnn.
Names, those are tough, usually I personalize my animal names to the subject and to my life. Cause they are ... talking ends never.
Sit in chair with ultra long leash Preferable is small cable. Leave it on 24/7 if something happens like jumping, put cable under foot and say no then small jerk. ***You said NO, Jerk came from where - he doesnt know. No means PAY attention something is UP. Stop and ck it out ... or else.
Say NO from across the room (then 1 sec) and small jerk. (Skeets cable was about 15 ft long) It isnt the jerk that fixes it in the end its the sound of the chain collar. Later on you just wiggle it, somewhat tight after you say NO and its over. But not NO and his name. Animals love to hear their name over and over and over. Doesnt matter what you say its the tone.
I say, and I talk real nice and emphasise their names... Keep names to at the most 2 sylables
Ann Animal Confidence and Bonding talk.......
Hello chickens, its the sunshine morning time Skeet, and there is Olav ZipsTer, and he is so Chickitie, and Flea is hop and drop king ....he is Flea!! so look at Me!! He will sit up in a Tree!! Olav ZipsTer!!! (whole name is used here in talking cause I like the sound of it and he looks funny......but calling him is usually a ZIPster or OLav and he comes)Olav AipsTer is so silly and little....
Olav ZipsTer is good, he poops on the grass...Yes you do... Skeeter Dog is so pretty, Skeet is sooo Little- he is Little! (he still comes to "Little" -Scotty Carbone)
Skeet is so good dog... yes he is good, Skeet poops on the grass and pees on Olav ZipsTer. The neighbors think Skeet tastes like Chicken........ Hello Sister you are so good. ...
Sister will walk around Olav ZipsTer and look at the Flea - Skeet is very good and he licks the cat. Skeet thinks Sister tastes like chicken... Flea is very silly
TOTAL ANIMAL COMUNICATION IS IN TONE AND FEW WORDS OR HAND SIGNALS (especially their names), you can say the world is coming to an end and if you say it right they are happy if not they will think the world is coming to an end.......
Dogs learning attention span is 15 minutes. Leave it after 15 min and come back to it, in like a couple of minutes.
Rewards and big attention, treats-small ones, then turn that into big attention to good trick
Nobody wants to go outside, but If I make is sound like out there is a mountain of treats and Willy Wonkas Treat machine, they run out. ...We go OUTSIDE, Yeah!!!!
NOT Out- SIDE, sounds like a threat.
Now, Let me think about names.........
Bonehead may be taken..... I get a new Black and white Pomeranian who swears on Julia Childs cookbook it wont get any bigger -ever! So he will fly as Olav ZipsTers back up. or tandem buddy. hummmmm double harness.....
I will get bakc to you on the names
Your kids will like the flying dragon thing in Never Ending Story, Levin made me watch it the other day. Whats the things name he flys on - looks like a dog, lizard thing.
Ann ~ www.AirAnn.com
Levin in RW suit.. I have pictures!!!

names taken- but useable
DZ - Jeremy
Swoop - Daniel
Cutaway means let go to Skeet and Bob (Skeets friend)
of course PUD is deceased, but what a guy, I have him on tape and a picture with Robin. (I never got to meet them, my total loss)
Skeet, Flea Flyer and Olav ZipsTer -- -- TAKEN
Rig? where is my Rig?
Remember you have to yell this down the street. Yelling SKEET - ER, makes me have mobile home dweller issues. I can see myslef standing there with my Tx accent SKEET-ER - like I am calling my husband/unkle..... holding a beer and chocklates, with pink foam curlers in my hair, smoking a joint and a cigarette, smoke billows out the trailer door......
Ann ~ www.AirAnn.com

Idea- the majority of Raven reserves are White.
Your dog is White, but its funny cause when you say Raven to a Whuffo - they think Black.
Heh.......
You might want a variation of a word like Paco... Taco, Moracco, Picaso, Scirocco -(some kind of car) Jako, GoLow, ElGato, (the cat), ... BagLocko.....Tu Pac-o,
DOCK-O,
We had a racoon named Nacho- he had a notch outta his ear, must got into a bar fight.
Ann ~ www.AirAnn.com

ROFL! Thanks for all the ideas and advice Ann! Our dogs are like that...OUTSIDE! YEAH! or "Wanna go!!??" They definately know "go". We even have to spell it sometimes because just the word spoken around them gets them excited :) Judge loves being outside on pretty days, you can't get him in. Teddy never wants to be outside long. He'll whine until someone lets him in. This new "Paco" will pretty much stay wherever you put him. LOL! It's really kind of odd. I take him outside because he doesn't follow well yet. When it's time to come in, he'll take a few steps, then lie down when I try to get him to come to me. So I walk out and carry him in. I set him on the loveseat so he would know he could sleep there the first night. He was still there the next morning. I don't think he moved. Poor thing. He's really sweet though. Just has issues with his tail. Don't even touch a single hair on his tail or he gets very scared and will nip towards you, but not actually get you. Only time ... he'll learn to trust us. The kids are just doing small pets now and then for now until he gets adjusted. No sudden running up to him. They are really good with pets though..they've always been around them and were taught respect.
Anyway...I like the ideas Rig, Raven and Cypres best so far. The Raven thing is funny too. People would SO not get it! LOL!
New pin jewelry!

*killer* ROFL!
Well, I already have a Teddy...cheesy as it is, but he really is the biggest Teddy Bear I've ever seen! Besides, he was 'Smokey' when I got him, and had a dog named Smokey once already as a child. I'm superstitious about never naming a dog after another dog I've known. :)
New pin jewelry!