freeflir29

Is this the shit or what???

Well...my boss just walked by my desk and officially informed me that Bellsouth will be laying off 4000-5000 people by June 30. But wait ...there's more.......They are going to ask for VOLUNTEERS before they start kicking people out. Plus....they are offering SEVERANCE PACKAGES. Would that not be the shit!!! I leave a job I was about to quit anyway with a bunch of cash in my pocket! I just know I'm going to get hit by a bus this afternoon. My luck is never this good....:D
"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"

Congrats!!!! I am doing my best to get layed off (luckily they can't fire me), but whatever I am doing, is not working....Maybe I should start taking two and a half hours for lunch, rather than 2.
----------
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he doesn't exist!"

Get them to hand you like 30k and go fuck off for a year!

When I got laid off in January I received a months salary plus two weeks vacation pay. All I did was jump! I jumped with you Clay on my way to my new job. I had been all over Florida from the Keys to Deland and then jumped up through Atlanta and then almost stopped by Raeford for the last stop but didn't make it. I felt like a kid again. I didn't have one worry and could sleep in and stay up late partying if I wanted too!

30k 100k doesn't matter to the company. Them CEOs probably get a fat ass bonus at the expense of the workers.
As far as I'm concerned all companies really have 2 items on their mission statement:
1) Rip off the customers
2) Screw the employees
And business ethics is an oxymoron

Oustanding dude, which Budha belly you been rubbing? :)You be careful crossing that road on the way home tonite, and we expect to see the plans for Clay on Tour soon..........
Be afraid, be very afraid, lock up your daughters, and your sheep, the wolf is on the loose...:)Last time I quit a staff job, I got stung for over $2000 'breach of contract', which was recovered in a short time in my new post, and I have since nailed the company that stiffed me for even more :)
Cya
D

Well...I just read the email and it's not all roses. I have only been working here for about 15 1/2 months. The severance package is only 5% of base salary per year. Throw in the 3 weeks vacation I have left and I'll get maybe $4000-$6000. Still not bad for a job that I was probably going to quit in 2-3 weeks anyway. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the place to sign up!!! :)"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"

Clay-
Do you really want to leave a job where you do nothing but whore on DZ.com all day and get paid for it or do you want to take the cash and a new job that wont allow any whoring. Think of what is important cash for jumping or keeping your king- of- the- whores status.
GOD BLESS ALL US JUMPERS :)

or do you want to take the cash and a new job that wont allow any whoring

So I was told ....one of the new toys I will get is a PDA web enabled device. Along with SATTELITE cell phone and SATELLITE pager. So....on those long trips I can still post whore!!!! What better way to pass the time. :D That and think about all the money I'm getting paid to ...yes.....you guessed it....sit on my ass for hours at a time......AGAIN!!!! Muwahahahaahahahaahahahaaha......I love bein me. Now ...if I can just find someone to pay me for making sport jumps I'll be king of the world.
"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"

... money & free time.

That I shall have....I hear it's 4 days on 3 days off....EVERY WEEK!!! The only drawback is...you never know if you'll be at home for those 3 days off. Ahh....as long as it's near a DZ I'm good. :)"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"

I felt like a kid again. I didn't have one worry and could sleep in and stay up late partying if I wanted too!

No doubt Chrome, I think it's only going to make it harder on me when I get back from SGC and have to start looking for a job though. :(
--
Give them a sip of the darkside, and they just thirst for more.

Clay,
This might be a good time to come to Montana. Bring your gear and new movie camera, and you can waste some film on us. I know there's not much for work here in Montana, but who knows you could always get a job herding sheep. There's some really cute ones over where I live. It would also be fun to hunt all Fall. It may also be a good time to buy Fred's Bar. It may all work out for the best. Steve