mccordia

Bungyjumping more dangerous then skydiving...

Have you guys heard about a new "sport" called Cutaway Bungee Jumping. The way this works, is right when you are close to the ground you are cutaway from the cord and you land on something soft. Kinda freaky, huh?
----------
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he doesn't exist!"

I get nervous doing hop n pops anywhere under 3

Hehehehee...I did about 1 second of sit flying after exiting from 2400 Ft a couple weekes ago. I remember looking down between my feet and thinking..."Holy Crap that wharehouse is getting huge!!!" Check alti...Yep...2000......time to dump....:)"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"

I think the bungee-cutaway sounds like it could be fun, but I really don't feel the need to do any of that. I don't really think there is any freefall--since you still have the ambilical (sp?)cord attached. LET IT GO!!! :)
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.

Is there any footage out there of someone doing a bunjee jump-skydiving combo?

There is video of some guys doing it. They connected themselves with a bungee, exited the plane, then one guy pulled. You can see where this is going. There was an accident. The cord snapped. One of them (low man on the cord?) was seriously injured.
I've seen the footage on Real TV and similar shows a few times. I also wouldn't be surprised if pilotdave had a copy on his server.
--
Brian

Troy Hartman did it for Senseless Acts of Video. He jumped from a balloon with a bungee cord thta was a couple thousand feet long i think (they were setting a record for longest bungee) and then he cutaway from the bungee cord and opened a parachute to land.
The bungee cord went over some powerlines after they cut it from the balloon and cut the power for some of southern Cal, i think.
blue skies
Tomas
"Marge, it takes 2 people to lie. One to lie and one to listen."
-Homer

Dude
DO IT JUST ONCE
It's the main reason I wanted to Skydive, the rush is FANTASTIC, I will BASE because of it, it's a far greater RUSH than skydiving, do it & you'll know why.
I may be wrong, but that's just ME.
"Skydiving's a source, it'll change your life, swear to God"