landmissle

OT/ Got a new toy and a ticket to boot...

Hi all,
Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted last. These last five or six months have found me in a complete emersion in a new passion (naw, haven't given up skydiving by anymeans..). Got the bug this past December and decided I wanted to buy a vintange Mustang. So finally with five months research, too many miles traveled, way too much money spent, I finally got one.
She's a 66 GT Fastback with a solid lifter (chatter chatter chatter...) K-code Hipo 289 engine. Here's a link to some pictures of her, FallenAngel, and me http://photos.yahoo.com/landmissle Click on the folder "My K code finally" to see about a dozen pictures.
Anyways, I know this is way off topic, just thought I'd let everyone know what I've been up to, and figured the pictures would be a good way to put a face to the names of FallenAngel and Landmissle.
Oh yeah, FallenAngel, doesn't know I got a speeding ticket yesterday for doing 66 in 45 MPH zone. So let's keep it our little secret, O.K?
Feet up, heads down, blue skies,
Landmissle *WWOD?

Cool! I got a new car too, my jeep cherokee was hitting 118K so I figured it was time to start looking. Found me a 2000 chevy impala 9c1 (police) all ready for my EMS outings. It even has a spotlight perfect for lighting up the landing area during night jumps! :)
Check out my Pictures as well.
Kevin

Oh yeah, I almost forgot put it's probably worth mentioning. That beautiful woman, FallenAngel, in one of the pictures, will probably be available soon since she's going to kill me after she learns of the speeding ticket. That makes three since this past November. Hasn't been my year I guess.

Anyways, besides her enchanting looks, sparkling personality, and smarts to boot, she makes a great skydiving partner and will even pack for you occasionally. Not bad huh? So keep an eye open for when she reports my unfortunate demis....
Landmissle *WWOD

...after she learns of the speeding ticket

You got another ticket!!!?? And you forced me out of my lurking too...You are such a bad boy!! That does it, from now on I'm keeping you under lock 'n chain (hehehe) :P Unless any of y'all have any better ideas about what I can do with him?!

...besides her enchanting looks, sparkling personality, and smarts to boot, she makes a great skydiving partner and will even pack for you occasionally. Not bad huh?

:)Blue skies,
Karen
P.S. Hope you like the way I drive, honey, 'cause I think I'm going to be doing all of it for awhile! :o

Great cars, guys!!
landmissle...that thing looks like it just rolled out of the Ford factory. Either you put a lot of elbow grease into it or someone took care of it like a baby. Either way, you got a great piece of history right there. Just think, if you take care of it like you should, you can drive it for awhile and then sell it for more than you paid for it. Congrats on the find!!! :)Kevin....whoa, dude. That car looks like you drove it from the PD. Still has the bumpers and the radios, huh? Do they still pick up their signals or have they gone digital yet? Either way, it looks awesome. You need a windshield siren now for a little "interstate fun". Heh heh heh...:)I would show you my car pictures, but I don't want to waste the bandwidth. :)JumpinDuo.com...news, pictures, skydiving and links.

Kevin....whoa, dude. That car looks like you drove it from the PD. Still has the bumpers and the radios, huh? Do they still pick up their signals or have they gone digital yet? Either way, it looks awesome. You need a windshield siren now for a little "interstate fun". Heh heh heh...

The car didn't come with the radios in it - I put mine from my last ride in there. Some of the PDs in my area are using digital - fortunately a few of the ones who are using digital are re-broadcasting on the older analog so people who want to hear it still can.
Oh and it has a siren. :)

I dunno Steve.... there may be some blackmail involved to keep me quiet :) Sweet ride :) did you drive her up to SkyDance this last weekend?
Uh... Never mind :) Seems the cat's already out of the bag :)
One shot... HEY!!! Mas Tequila!!!! Two Shots HEY HEY!!!! Three Shots.......

Hi all,
Thanx for the nice compliments on the car. Believe it or not I bought the car in Minneasota and drive her back. Would have taken three days but ended up taking four because I broke down in Winneamucha NV ( 15 miles out side of Winneamucha actually, which is still 15 miles outside of nothing but desert, fuel pump took a dump on me...). An overpriced tow and two trips to Kragen's remedied that situation. All-in-all it was quite an adventure. Kind of a unique deal driving a 36 year old car through five or six states with no predetermined schedule or pit stops. Gives your mind plenty of time to cogatate on things you normally wouldn't, if only to keep you sane during the twelve to fourteen hour driving spells.
Miracously, FallenAngel has decided NOT to kill me based on my latest ticket acquisition. Well, that's what she's saying, of course this could be to lead me to a sense of false security, so that the dirty deed will be all the easier to do when the time is right.
MountainMan, there's no way I'll be selling this car soon to make a profit. I probably paid too much for it anyways, and with all the time I've invested in this endeavor, well, let's just say I'll probably be buried in this car. Which may happen sooner rather than later .
Lummy, yeah, I brought her in last weeked to Skydance. Next time I bring her in and you're around, I'll be sure to let you check her out.
Landmissle *WWOD