jtval

HELP!!!!

any geeks know WTF
backdoor.litmus.gen is?

I think its some asshole using my ip address to fuck with ohter computers. and is screwing up my computer.
am I close to being right ? how do I get this shit off my computer. norton wont do it. neither will ad-aware.
zone alarm wont do it either. What od I need to do to get this fukr off my computer?
(as you can probly tell I am totally done with dealing with it Ivwe been havving this problem for about 3 months now.
My photos

My Videos

I am not a computer person, but I do believe the ip address is assigned to a specific computer. I don't understand how someone can steal your ip address. They would have to be working on your computer.

I am not a computer person, but I do believe the ip address is assigned to a specific computer.

not necessarily. ip addresses may be assigned to your computer automaticaly when you login. you
may have different ip address every time. there is something called MAC address thouhg which is
assigned to specific network card.

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

IP addressing is a funny thing.. I can spoof any IP address and make it look like I'm in Russia right now and only the truly techy can trace me. If you really want to hide your address you could bounce around inside so many spoofs and proxys that the only people willing to put the time into find you would be federal governments.

The current version of IP is very insecure, the next generation IPv6 addresses these issues and expands the number of addresses possible by a few trillion.

But JT's just got a virus that just opens his computer up to the world.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

going to find info on the virus. thanks...
as for "ip" i thought that was assinged by you srever.
I E
when I go back to the states i should use a different IP address...NO?!

the internet is the same for everybody everywhere. moving from one country to another
one doesn't have to mean much. if you log into corporate network and DHCP server
assign you specific ip address it will be the same if you log into the same network
in different coutry. your ip may be assigned from the ip pool and you may have different
ip from the same range of ips. it all depends what kind on internet connection (not physical
carrier but rather mechanism) you use.

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

To remove this Trojan: if you are using norton

1. Update the virus definitions, run a full system scan, and delete all files that are detected as Backdoor.Lithium.
2. Delete from the following registry key the value that refers to the detected files:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

i must be an idiot..this make no sense to me

2. Delete from the following registry key the value that refers to the detected files:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

My photos

My Videos

NORTON SUCKS...

I thought Norton took it up the butt. Hey Norton, I've been watching you and I know you've been watching me. I know that you know that you know that I know that you want to fuck me in the ass. I am going to count to three, bend over, so start fucking! - Eddie Murphy

click start, then run...
type in regedit, and hit enter.
in the window, expand (click the plus) on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
then the same for software, then Microsoft then Windows then currentversion, and run.
look for the file that norton said was bad and delete it.
;)
dont delete anything if your not sure , let me know if you need help
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

There are several ways to get viruses. Opening email attachments is one. You must have a really old version of Norton, the back door virus (in all it's versions) isn't anything new.

Downloading free games from unknown sites will get the job done also, but there are other ways also.

Want to know how safe your comp is from the rest of the world? Go here and run the tests, my guess is you will be a bit surprised at the results.

[http://www.pcflank.com/art21.htm ]

If you want to get rid of any file/folder/program on your own, play with this free app. enjoy :)

[http://www.gibinsoft.net/gipoutils/rightview.htm]

his geekness,
james

door!

"exit fast, fly smooth, dock soft and smile"
'nother james