FallinWoman

Another Classic Whuffo Line

I was at my parent's house packing my canopy the other day (they have a big carpeted basement). Halfway thru I noticed that I had several broken rubber bands....You know the feeling....and my gear bag was in my car....

I go upstairs cursing about rubber bands...My dad offered me some from his desk. I patiently explained that the one we use are smaller and thicker. I ran out and got some and showed them to him. Keep in mind that thsi is the FIRST bit of interest my father has shown in skydiving.

So I go back downstairs and finish packing.

When i came back up my father was sitting right where I had left him and he asked......

"You mean when you open your parachute you have to fumble around with rubber bands?"

Priceless.....truly priceless.

Anne

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

What is really getting me is that I CANNOT imagine what he thinks happens when we go to open our canopies.....What is he picturing??

EHHEHE I bet it looks something like a calvin and hobbes cartoon

It is probably time to pack in the family room and let him watch. Offer to vacume any dirt or grass up after the show..

I got my whole family involved in skydiving in one way or another. my father had back surgery so he couldnt jum pbut I got him in the Tunnel. but he used to come to the dz alot(I heardly knew him growing up so It was cool to see him interested in skydiving)
His father keeps asking for videos so he can show his friends(kiwanis)
Just how I find the info I explian it to them (thats all I talk about;) they have two choices.
take an interest or take a ticket standing in line with those I dont have time for. HAHA:P
My photos

My Videos

...My dad offered me some from his desk. I patiently explained that the one we use are smaller and thicker...

Very cute. I found myself picking a rubber band up at work the other day and thinking "this isn't a stinkin rubber band".

It's like the old joke, "can't remember the true meaning of Stilletto, Talon or Javelin..."

My dad took an interest by telling me never ever to jump from towers because they are just "balanced" up there with the guide wires and "many people die every year just building them".

At least you got your Dad thinking.

Even the most whoffo-est of the whuffos knows that you have to "pull the ripcord." Once you do that, the parachute comes out but it doesn't open yet because it's wrapped in rubber bands. You have to take them off and flake chute (like you're trying to open a new garbage bag) and hopefully it will open. :)--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

That brought a smile....

I've posted this before......I've had numerous people ask me what my closing pin necklace was, and I tell them "It opens my container when the time is right." I've had three people then ask "Well, how do you get it around your body to your back while you're falling ??" :D

Don

I guess I am pretty lucky. My parents are pretty cool about listening to me, and since they have, they have an idea of what is going on. My bro and his wife and kids come and hang out at the dropzone, so they are cool, and I jump with the other brother, so that is obviously cool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose