matttrudeau

Pond Swooping at the X-Games?

In Norway rules like this have been established this summer. The last year we have had a quite large number of accidents where wingload, lack of experience and so on have been factors

This is just my perception but it seems to me that here in the US the fatal accidents due to hard landings have been AT LEAST 50/50 experienced/inexperienced. When I say experienced I'm meaning 1000 + jumps. So....I don't know that these "guidlines" would make a huge difference. It may save a few lives.

Just curious - skydiving tends to get bad media. What is "good media"? How do you define it? How would you like to see skydiving portrayed?

Not trying to poke at anyone, honestly. Just simply curious as to what people think is "good media"...

Ciels and Pinks-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

"Huh? Skydiving is dangerous? No way man, I have a Cypres so that makes it safe.;) "
After I watched "Cutway", I quit going "no lift". ;) Also, it looked dangerous when all those people were touching each other in freefall. I just touch myself. :$
I still haven't got this quote thing down. I press quote, type my response, press post, and my response doesn't show up. wha ?

At WFFC there were 1500 jumpers on the DZ and only 150 or less went to watch the swoop meet. Whats that saw if the target market does'nt even attend the meets?

IMHO Skydivers wanna jump not watch other Skydivers.
At least thats the way I feel about.
If I land and as I'm walking back I happen to catch team extreme swooping the pond hooray for me but I'd rather be at the door thinking Damn if we pull this exit off this just might work

Blue Skies Black Death

it sounds lilke a great idea, the only reality is that it will become the most dangerous sport the x games has to offer. you know the people high up in the x games are going to research it and a major issue may be insurance or the location of the event. the last thing these promoters want is for someone to die doing a pond swoop because all of the sudden there is major exposure and someones balls overtakes their brains.
reality suck at times[unsure]