PLFXpert

What can I say, sometimes, I'm an IDEALIST.

>women are intimidated by good looking women.

>men and women are intimidated by good looking men and women.

I will agree to the first, since it seems right (and you would know better than I.) I will also agree that good looking women intimidate guys. However, guys are generally _not_ intimidated by other guys; in fact, how a guy "looks" is really a non-issue most of the time. I do not classify any guy I've ever met by how he looks, other than when I have to (i.e. Denny wants to be an actor; does he have that look?)

>Ugly people, pretty/handsome people, have it equally rough and
>each face roadblocks.

I would say that they both have problems - different problems, but problems. However, guys are much less conscious of how they look. Tell a guy his hair looks funny and, more likely than not, he will laugh. "Well, duh, it's been in a helmet all day." Such a comment is more likely to make a woman worry about her hair. So in a lot of ways, appearance plays a much larger role in a woman's view of the world. IMO of course.

I'm sorry, I see where you're coming from, but I would much rather live with the problems of a beautiful popular person than the other alternatives...

-S

***However, guys are generally _not_ intimidated by other guys; in fact, how a guy "looks" is really a non-issue most of the time.***.

Ha ha ha. I can always count on you, Bill, for a conversation such as this:P.

I agree and disagree. Have you ever been to the gym where all those beefcakes work out? I think they VERY MUCH care about their apprearance and whether the next guy can bench more than them or whether his bicep is bigger.

Hair is definitely an issue with men, otherwise Rogaine would be out of business.

And clothes, too, bother some men, otherwise the "preppy" look would have gone out a LONG time ago.

I stand by my first point, MEN DO CARE, just not all of them. And same goes for women, some care, some don't. Helmet hair, HELL YEA. I'm a chick and I'll be the first to tell you, you'll almost NEVER see me w/ my hair down. I like it long so I can put it in a pony tail;). I think I have nice hair but I rarely flaunt it. So, no, not all girls care about helmet hair, either. I will concede, however, there are things I might worry about that men would not.

I'm more girlie than some girls and more tomboy than others...I think of myself as being a happy medium. I prefer my men, the same. I like a guy who cares enough to shower and shave, but I wouldn't want a beefcake or a prep.

Been pretty tough living with the other alternatives, eh?

----------------------

Did that sound like a personal attack to anyone else??? Anyone??? Please???

Ah, I hate you!!!

:)

-S

Did that sound like a personal attack to anyone else???

Nah, I think she likes you:$. If Lisa is anything like me, she'll only bother to tease you if you're worth her time. The more I pick on someone, the more I like them....Ask Andrea (Skymama.) The poor girl gets the GRUNT of my taunts but it's only cause I LOVE HER! If I'm just polite, either I don't know you well, or you're not my favorite. Once I get to know you, the more I like you, the more I'll tease you. I feel sorry for my friends...ha ha ha ha...then again, some people are just easy targets.

I don't see anything really wrong w/ getting plastic surgery. I've seen a couple regular girls at my DZ who've had breast jobs. However, although I don't see anything wrong, I'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND IT.

Me neither. how many jumps does a breast job cost???
I don't mind though B|, but I'd rather jump...

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I bet you don't mine;). Especially when the damn things get MORE AND MORE REAL LOOKING as the days go by. The most obvious to me though it size, MOST OF THE TIME, small girl=small breasts, big girl=big breasts. VERY RARELY does it happen in nature that a size 2 has D cups or ANY cups for that matter:ph34r:. But like I said, whatever floats your boat. I had a roomate in college that had them done, and I'd never seen her happier w/ herself.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Me neither. how many jumps does a breast job cost???
I don't mind though B|, but I'd rather jump...

ROFL! How many of us still use "Riganomics?" from the 80s? (No, not Reaganomics... RIGanomics).

Example:

The down payment on this Mustang Cobra SVT will be about 2 rigs...

***I'm attracted to goth, so what do I know. ***

HEY! This is the "non-judgemental" thread, remember? We will not judge you for liking satan-worshipers....JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I think I'll wear my Jesus tshirt... I mentioned it earlier today... it goes something like:

THERE ARE TWO PEOPLE FUCKING OF THE BACK OF THIS SHIRT.

JUST KIDDING! JESUS LOVES YOU!

I agree and disagree. Have you ever been to the gym where all those beefcakes work out? I think they VERY MUCH care about their apprearance and whether the next guy can bench more than them or whether his bicep is bigger.

Hair is definitely an issue with men, otherwise Rogaine would be out of business.

And clothes, too, bother some men, otherwise the "preppy" look would have gone out a LONG time ago.

I think you missed Bill's point. That is, guys care about their own appearance (well, sometimes), but they don't care about other guys' appearances. At least, not to the degree that women do. Guys generally are not intimidated by attractive guys. However, women do seem to be intimidated by attractive women.

Guys who are obsessed with the gym are still focused on their own appearance, not other guys (unless they are in West Hollywood).

>I agree and disagree. Have you ever been to the gym where all
> those beefcakes work out? I think they VERY MUCH care about their
> apprearance and whether the next guy can bench more than them
> or whether his bicep is bigger.

I would put this in a different category. Men are very competitive. If they were running track, they would compete on their times. If they were on 4-way teams, they'd spend months practicing trying to get one point better than another team - and be on the lookout for people/teams they thought were better. And if they're bodybuilding, they're going to compare themselves to the other people they are "competing" with.

But do you really think beefcake A looks at beefcake B and thinks "he has beautiful blue eyes?" I think it's more along the lines of "dang, he has bigger pecs than I do, and I tried X, Y and Z . . . what's he doing?"

>I stand by my first point, MEN DO CARE, just not all of them.

From what I've seen, men who care greatly about their appearance relative to other guys (and compare themselves to other guys constantly) are greatly in the minority. Women who do so are in the majority.

If anything, I am pretty happy that I'm just about average. Women who don't know me don't pick me out of a crowd to go talk to, but I don't usually frighten small children. I'm an average height, so most pants fit me, and I fit in airline and car seats pretty well. Everything seems to work pretty well. When I have kids, I hope the same is true for them - that they are not known for their appearance in either direction. I think that will be much more of an issue if I have girls.

Women who don't know me don't pick me out of a crowd to go talk to

I wouldn't be so quick to say. The guys who most girls would pick out of a crowd, I wouldn't.

As for the rest of your point. I agree. I just think that it does happen that beefcake A looks at beefcake B and might be jealous of the fact that beefcake B has more muscle. Just like woman A might look at woman B and be jealous that woman B has nicer skin, or bigger boobs.

However, NO-ONE can argue that women DEFINITELY do this more than men.

Im not getting too deeply intothis convesation but I ll keep it light and topical...in response to Muenkel

I say, you're either for peace or against it.
Dude Ill take a piece when ever she'll offer it. HAHA
My photos

My Videos

Ask Andrea (Skymama.) The poor girl gets the GRUNT of my taunts but it's only cause I LOVE HER!

Yes, but my therapist says that maybe after only 5 years and heavy medication, I might recover from the trauma that my self-esteem has experienced from im'ing with you. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon