cbain

Central Michigan, 9/9-9/13

Hey,
I have to go to Midland, Michigan from Sept. 9-13 for work. I'll be flying a company plane so taking a rig shouldn't be a problem. I was looking in the dropzone section and found a dropzone in Saginaw and one in Mt. Pleasant. Both a reasonable distance from Midland.

So is anybody here from that area, any recommendations? I'll only be there during the week, any chance of jumping in the evenings?

Christina

Christina,
Central Michigan Skydivers is my home DZ, and I recommend it highly. They have a friendly and courteous atmosphere, and are both helpful and accomodating to an individual's needs. They have two Cessna 182's and a Cessna 206. They're usually jumping every day of the week, and they jump all day (till dark) as long as there are people who want to jump. If you would like more information, you can contact Maryanne or Mel at 989-773-8858. Hope to see you there.

larry

Thanks guys for the info. I called them up and hopefully will be out there that week if all goes as planned.

Will it be getting cold? How warm should I dress?

If you can come out during the week, let's make a jump!

Christina

Hi Bob,
How have you been? I've been meaning to get out to your new dropzone this summer. John Body said he's had some really nice jumps there. I'm not sure where you are in relation to Midland, so I didn't mention Midwest Freefall. Why don't you enter your DZ here? I hope all has been well with you and Anna.
Hope to see you guys this summer. Take care.

larry hale

Christina,
The weather this summer has been great! Plenty of hot and humid conditions. It is starting to get a little cooler, highs in the mid 80's. Around the time of your visit, it should still be pretty warm, mid-high 70's. Bring some long sleeves with you just in case.
Have a safe trip.

larry hale

Around the time of your visit, it should still be pretty warm, mid-high 70's. Bring some long sleeves with you just in case.

hehehe....being someone that grew up in Michigan, I had to insert some laughs..HA HA HA HA...cause you never know with Michigan weather. ;)

I got to find this road...It's like Bob's road. - Twister

No kidding! Whats up larry? been awhile! This is Jesse. :P

Don't know how many other jumpers are planning on being at CMS this next weekend, but I know of at least two (including myself) making the trip from Traverse City. :)

How have things been going?
---
'Damn, I sure wish I would of kept that pretty silver handle' - cutaway ruminations

Hey Jesse,
I've been ok. How about yourself? I haven't been able to get up there as much. JuliAnne's heal is mending, and she can start putting some weight on it this weekend. Once she is more "mobile", I'll be able to get up there and get a few jumps in.
Congrats on the B license, by the way. Later

larry