Pammi

Sex in church

Well, she said "certain religious beliefs", which implies selectivity.

---------------

I took that to mean selectivity of beliefs within religion, not selectivity of which religions are shown respect.

Anyway, I think she clarified it.

-S

This seems more like a failed intelligence test than anything else. They were idiots, and they got caught.

To me, nobody can be offended if nobody knows. If nobody catches you, then nobody will know. It is kind of like the "tree falls and nobody hears it" issue. They were caught, they offended, and they deserve what they get.

There is nothing wrong with the act of sex (except in Clay & Skreamer's cases). But forcing people in a church to be involved by being conspicuous is pretty inconsiderate.

Pammi:

I think the whole gist is that because other media got people "riled up" about the offense, and enough people were protesting about the action, the owners decided to pull it off the air.

At first, you might be thinking "Free Speech" violation, right? But you have to put this into perspective, Clear Channel, Viacom and others are paying for this speech. They can choose at anytime to yank it, even if it's popular.

If I were the owners, and listeners were banging on my doors to shut down the program, I would do it in a heartbeat. If I ignored my listeners, they might launch a boycott against my ad clients and I might lose business.

If some other radio station wants to take the risk of hiring these two shock jocks, by all means let them! Some radio markets are easier to operate in than others. I enjoyed listening to Mancow in the Morning while I was @ WFFC. ;)

It's democracy in action.

OMG, I went to the same H.S. as BillVon!!!

Well at least for the first 2 years. Then transferred.

OMG, I went to the same H.S. as BillVon!!!

Bill, What were the brothers doing there? I never knew of anything funky going on? I just hated that it was an all boys school.

>Well at least for the first 2 years. Then transferred.

Smart man.

>Bill, What were the brothers doing there? I never knew of anything
> funky going on? I just hated that it was an all boys school.

Well, the two incidents I saw was a brother hitting a kid hard enough to knock him off his feet (just after a mass) and two brothers roller skating around at night playing disco music and knocking into things. I avoided it after that (esp. at night.)

There are plenty of "hiding" places in a next to empty sanctuary that would make it relatively easy to accomplish this, assuming you were trying to be sneaky about it. B|

How do you know that...:P

Altar boys....:o

Personally, I like the Altar girls....:P

If a 'church' can be anywhere two or more gather in His name, then if you hold services at a lake, can you not get frisky in said lake?

Kind of a funny story, actually. Recently I had to get a test done at the hospital. While I was registering with them, the woman asked me what my religion was. I responded "Ali." She asked me if that was a form of Islam or something. I said, "No. Ali is my girlfriend (who was standing next to me at the time). Her body is a temple, and that is where I choose to worship.
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All