Muenkel

The saga that is me.........

Besides... having a slightly ripped up car is quite liberating. I'd never want to own a car that didn't need duct tape or tie wraps to hold it together. Would be too worried about keeping it in perfect condition... too much trouble. But you Chris... you are now free! Free to park in that half space between the extended cab pickup trucks. Free to sideswipe those concrete pillars at the McDonnald's drive thru. Free to fling open your driver's side door into that annoying dog that's running down the street along side of you. Free to park with your front bumper in contact with the outside wall of the grocery store (Rule #1... you're not there until you hit something.)

Meathorse,

You're right! Like I said earlier, I kind of laughed at the absurdity of it all after I hit the tree.

Now, are you suggesting I don't get the damage fixed? I don't know if the yuppie in me can cope.:S

When I drive the El Camino, people watch out for me.

Mostly, anyway. My last car was an '83 Caprice - big, four door sedan, dents on both sides, faded paint (well, what was visible under the dirt was faded...), missing a hubcap... your basic urban assault vehicle. It always amazed me when someone in a nice, expensive newer car did something stupid like cut me off when I was driving the Caprice. Umm... after looking at the car I was driving, did they really think I wouldn't go right ahead and smash into them? ;)

I think I need to go off to one of those cleansing retreats. I don't think I have good kharma. I must have killed a bug in a past life.:P

I had a lot of Drama and Saga is August too. I was waiting for September so the moon and stars would realign and looks like September's Ok so far.

Just shut everyone out, eat and sleep alot and piss off life for about two weeks. Worked for me. I feel much better now.
xoxoxo

OK, maybe its the drugs talking, but I AM CONFUSED!

You almost got splatted by a tree.
You just got the scratches from the branches on the car.
While not desireable, I would say you are lucky to not be pancaked by the trunk of the tree, and be grateful you still have a car.
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

"I have lived in winnipeg for 8 years and I have never heard of such a retreat.... pray tell what is it called? "

St. Benedict's Monastery and Centre. We found it by accident. We were just driving around looking for something to do. We noticed the sign on the side of the road. The webpage says they are 3km north of town on hwy 9.
http://www3.mb.sympatico.ca/~stbens/retreat/

You almost got splatted by a tree.
You just got the scratches from the branches on the car.
While not desireable, I would say you are lucky to not be pancaked by the trunk of the tree, and be grateful you still have a car.

You know, you're totally right!:)
I have had such a string of funky things happen to me since May, that I fail to see the forest through the trees...get it?;)

Thanks for the eye opener.

I was just there for a week or so. Manitoba Telephone Service was trying to develop software for getting all your utilities on one bill. We already had a prototype they wanted to see. It was there in February, 2 years ago. I asked someone about things to do and she said "Normally, you could go skating, but we are having unseasonably warm weather and the river is thawing a month early". :D I had just been to the suncoast classic (golf tourney) and had a tan. We went to a park by the river (near a church/graveyard) and threw snowballs. We're from Florida, so that was exciting for us. One girl had never seen snow! Great pubs, threw darts. Went to a restaurant off Portage, old style wood panel, great steaks, can't remember the name. I didn't think I could jump in Feb, so I didn't bring my rig.