Viking

Did my first 5-way yesterday.

Did my first major RW jump yesterday. Went up with Tim, Rob, Enrique, and Anita. We did a spider and turned 3 points before tim went low. We turned one more with just four and then broke at 4.5 and tracked off.

I did my pretty much patented tumble on your back exit but flipped it back over found that i had gone low right off the bat. Anita came down to me while i trying to come up to her. We got on the same lvl and i drove forward and docked kinda roughly on her. I switched over to right hand grips and waited for the rest of the formation to build. They made it in a few secs later and we started turning the points. at the end just before we broke off i somehow poped up, over and into Anitas burble. I came down and head butted her in the ass LOL!!! This was also the first jump i put on my new jumpsuit. I did buy my beer but i went over to Rons place and watched the fight with JohnnyD and his wife. Plus got all the accurancy jumps for the A and now all i need to do is jump my own pack job, take the oral tests, and do the check dive.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

congrats!! I haven't tried anything over a 4-way yet ... hard to find that many people who can fall slow enough for me to keep up with .. LOL. While at Lost Prairie, did a 4-way and even tho exiting first, ended up high coming off the hill ... had to try my non-second dive down to the group ... overshot and went about 15 feet low ... a TOTALLY new feeling!!
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Does anyone except me wonder about someone making a five-way prior to the A-license check dive?

Nope. In fact, I know a jumper who was routinely getting on 20+ way formations before their A-license.

But that jumper had over 3000 jumps...:)
Remember, not everyone has, or wants, a license.

As for Viking, he has about 30-ish jumps last I heard and he's a pretty level-headed guy.

My first jump off of student-status (jump #19) was a two-point four way.

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I was wondering about doing this 5-way without an "A" license, but I also assumed that you must have done it with some coaches or instructors.

At 30+ jumps that I believe you have, you should be plenty close for your "A" License. I believe you've stated that you still need to jump your pack job and then do your check dive. So instead of doing some of these other jumps, you could be doing those jumps. Just my two cents of course as I only got my "A" three weeks ago and haven't jumped since due to a minor injury I endured while playing my first love ... hockey ... :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over