waster

how often can you afford to jump?

How far along am I? Well....I haven't started yet...LOL. I've only done my first tandem:P. Got back from Califonia ready to sign up and then all this life stuff happened and threw me off track a little. But my kids are out of the house so no issues there. I can jump every weekend if I want once I get started and have the money issues settled.
And I'm the same as you....that first one changed something in me and gave me a new perspective and I want MORE of itB|.

I jump usually 3 or 4 times a weekend. I put myself through AFF, and all my following jumps and all equipment i have is all paid for by packing. Thats the only way i can afford to jump is to pack my ass off. Hey it works though and being only 17 its pretty much only option besides flipping burgers for 6.50...not gonna happen

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

The highest paid person at the RPC school is Bobby Pritchard, a 19 year old dude who packs for the GK's during the week as well as the school on the weekend. He is a righteous BirdMan pilot and a pretty good skysurfer as well as all around jumper. He has more money than he knows what to do with.

Chuck

I went through college and got my BS in 3 years, worked 40-50 hours a week to make money and I still managed to get 265 jumps and a rig before graduation. I was doing 10 jumps a weekend all summer and 3-5 a month in the winter. My main friends now are those at the DZ, 95% of the people in my IM list are jumpers from the DZ, I can't tell you the last time I talked to people I went to school with. My old roommate and I just talked for the 2nd time in a year and a half since he moved out last week. DZ= Primary life, DZ.com = Secondary life, Work = Jump tickets... simple math :)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

UNFORTUNATELY, I seem to be able to afford to jump MORE then the dz goes up . AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!! been here 2 weeks and got 1 jump.
pretty disgusting if you ask me! hope fully it was only b/c the landing area was rented out last weekend !
My photos

My Videos

I'm not really one of the "DZ is my life" kind of people. I like to jump one day every other week or so. Sometimes I do a few weeks in a row, but I've never jumped both days in a weekend. I have friends to see, parties to go to, and other hobbies and pursuits. And snowboarding season is coming up. But I think I'll be jumping a whole lot more as soon as I have my own gear. Paying $25 a jump to rent gear dampens my enthusiasm somewhat. I think having my own gear will double my jumping per month, at least. My guess is perhaps 15 or 20 jumps a month, instead of the 6-8 I do now. I'll probably be alternating between snow and sky weekends this winter.

I'm in the same boat (school, work, keeping in touch with family,friends, and time to myself plus social life other than the dz)- I can afford and only have the time for maybe 2 jumps every two weeks (renting). Time and money won't allow for anything more. It sucks, but it will not be like this forever.

I HEAR YA!
Michigan's SKI SEASON is almost apon us here, too...Although it's been a while since I skied(dang spelling?!!)... just found out last year my home town has a ski club, and to increase my interest back into skiing even more, my current JM is a ski patroller during snow season...Talking of skiiing brings it all back! YOW! :)I really feel sad and regret that winter will bring an end to my training to get my A license!!! How hard will it be, come spring to pick up where I left off...THAT makes me worried and nervous :S ...
But I will continue and pay for the slots to jump AND rental gear even though RENTAL GEAR REALLY IS UNCOMFORTABLE & A DRAG. Yeah, but I probably(?) WON'T BUY anything until I get 100+ jumps & experience and have a good feel about what I'm doing and how to pack well, etc.

>But I will continue and pay for the slots to jump AND rental gear even though RENTAL GEAR REALLY IS UNCOMFORTABLE & A DRAG. Yeah, but I probably(?) WON'T BUY anything until I get 100+ jumps & experience and have a good feel about what I'm doing and how to pack well, etc.

Get your own gear as soon as you can afford it. Not being able to jump since te gear is taken by someone else, down for repacks, etc can ruin a weekend and discourage you a lot (I know). Once you get your own gear it will fit you and you will like jumping it.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

In my club, we have a billing system. You jump as much as you do, and on "regular" intervals, you'll get a bill sent home. Now, as much fun this is, there are drawbacks. I just got my bill, and I had to pay 535€. I'd also have have a two month rent deposit handy by the end of the month. D'oh!

Erno