SpeedRacer

Marital train wreck coming....

OK, let's hear what y'all think:

My cousin is 27 years old. He is about to marry a woman who is 46 years old. They've know each other for one month. The wedding is in two months.

Anyone else see anything wrong with this picture, or is it just me?:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

My cousin is 27 years old. He is about to marry a woman who is 46 years old. They've know each other for one month. The wedding is in two months.

Anyone else see anything wrong with this picture, or is it just me?

Unless she is really wealthy and terminally ill, yeah, I see a big problem with it. :S

One month is just flat out not long enough. I've been in relationships before where the first month we were totally nuts about each other. I remember one where the first month or two I was thinking. "Oh my God she might be the one!" Then by month four it was: "No, she isn't!"

One month ain't long enough, IMHO.
Speed Racer

I'm thinking there may be some issues going on in both sides of this relationship.

My guess is: she's 46 so her clock is ticking. So she issued him The Ultimatum by about date #4. And he went for it b/c he's kinda clumsy/shy with women & is a little desperate. I don't know this, I've never met her & this is all just total conjecture.

The situation doesn't look good to me.
Speed Racer

>My cousin is 27 years old. He is about to marry a woman who is 46
> years old.

Do they live in California? If so, they're in good company. Most California weddings seem to last less time than my relationships. Talking to people out here can get confusing - they don't just have an ex, they have three. Usually the nomenclature seems to go something like this:

"my first" - first marriage
"Joe" (or whoever) - second marriage
"my ex" - last marriage.

Anyone else here have the experience where you see a friend/family member fixing to marry someone, and everyone but them knows its not going to work out?
I know that this current situation isn't the first time I've had this experience.[:/]
Speed Racer

I knew one girl who seemed to change husbands about as fast as I change toothbrushes. She seems to have settled on one, finally. I think he might be number 4 or something.

Maybe she wanted the wedding gifts or something, I don't know.
Speed Racer

"my first" - first marriage
"Joe" (or whoever) - second marriage
"my ex" - last marriage.

Speedy, he can introduce her as "my future ex-wife"

First good "relations"?

It could work, but monkeys might fly out of my butt at any time too.:o

My fav is the woman who is now on husband number 5. Her ex- hubbies include John Gray - writer of the famed "Venus/Mars" book that tells you how to keep a strong relationship.
Know what her claim to fame is? She has an infomercial called "The Love Doctor". She helps people with THEIR relationships.
This is like (similie ;)) buying hair restorer from a bald barber. :ph34r:

ROTFL! So I guess someone with so many marriages under their belt should be a real expert by now, right? Kinda like getting diet advice from a fat person because they've been on so many of them.
Reminds me of the Mark Twain quote "It's easy to quit smoking, I've done it hundreds of times!"
Speed Racer

Hmmm...marriage...I've done it a few times. My guess is they're already hearing from everyone that it won't work and they have no intention of listening to advice. Give them your blessing, hope for the best, and be there if it doesn't work. Its their decision.
Jess

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming....

That's just plain nuts. There have been guys that I have dated that initially I am totally into and want to spend every second with. But then for whatever reason...after a couple months into the relationship I can hardle stand being around him!! I can't even imagine marrying someone so soon!! Just tell him to go for the cheap wedding so that he has $$ left over to pay for the divorce!

-----------------------------------------------------
When you're going to extremes...you taste adrenaline!!