rhino

Trying to get back in the saddle....

Man oh man....

I've made less than 20 jumps since the convention.. I don't know if what I saw bothered me or what? I don't know or think that is it?? Things have been busy with my son, work, attorneys, woman, moving, life...

I feel like I am making excuses for not jumping... I have money and some time.. Yeagh it's cold.. So what.. That didn't use to stop me??

I am having a moment of honesty.. Maybe I can get some ass chewing from some fellow skydivers to get back in the seat again.. I feel like I've lost my edge? My drive that I use to have every week that made me want to go skydiving??

What the hell is wrong with me!!?? I need to go jumping!?!?!?!?!? Shit!?!?!?

Le-me-have-it!!!

>:(>:(>:(

Rhino and Segador fighting for the saddle...>:(

You're the only one that can motivate you. People skydive for different reasons, and as they get more mature in the sport, it becomes less of an obsession. Things that you once found attractive to the sport you may not, maybe you have had to have a balance in your life between the responsibities and the desire. no one can really know but yourself..... there that said.. shut up and jump, you'll be glad you did, I always am!

What the hell is wrong with me!!?? I need to go jumping!?!?!?!?!? Shit!?!?!?

I could be wrong, but I think you just answered your own question...you said it, not me. :)

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

Rob,
Only you can get yourself back in the air. Everyone has doubting times. I did for almost 2 years. I think those 2 years were the best I could have done for my jumping. I came back focused, and re-discovered my love for this sport. What you saw, in fact both of what you saw, is probably sitting in the back of your mind. You can't really call it your subconcious, as it is you that brought it up. Go ahead, take some time off. The sport will wait for you. If you push yourself when you may not be ready, you may not be here to wait for the sport.
As you know, the least amount of indecision or hesitation in this sport can easily be the last decision or pause you ever make, especially with the canopy you fly. Take your time. Come back when YOU are ready. Be it a week, a month, a year, or never, at least it will be your decision.
Think about it bud. I like doing weddings. I don't wish to be needed for the other end of the spectrum any time soon.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I too have peaks and valleys. Most times people look at me on the plane and wonder WTF is wrong with me. I get bored....just as bored on the ground. A lot of it has to do with seemingly my entire life on hold. I have a lot of cool stuff on the horizon but none of it is happening right now. I can't hurry it up.....I just have to wait. That puts me in a Ho humm mood. I don't know what I would do without skydiving. Probably move to Cambodia or Afghanistan. Get out and jump....and remember t HOOK IT safely!!!

Clay... wrong... its HOOK IT LOW!!!

Times come and go for most jumpers. I've thought about tossing in the canopy and quiting before then I'll learn something new that brightens my jumping for a while again. First it was freefly, hen it was VRW camera, then RW camera, then CRW, now its coming back to RW. Try something new to see if that sparks the get out to the DZ early and stay all day thing. If it don't... your safety window might be passing you by and anything left in the sport if your not fully dedicated to it could result in injury.

Try upsizing canopies for a while, learn to do things like slider handstands (experienced jumpers only please), jump a board (will want a new canopy for this too), start coaching RW to newbies.

Plenty of people take 6 months, a year even 2-3 off from the sport then come back. If you don't come back, the something else will take the place of jumping and you can excell in that (for me it wold be kite surfing... i want to do that BAD.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I too have peaks and valleys. Most times people look at me on the plane and wonder WTF is wrong with me. I get bored....just as bored on the ground. A lot of it has to do with seemingly my entire life on hold. I have a lot of cool stuff on the horizon but none of it is happening right now. I can't hurry it up.....I just have to wait. That puts me in a Ho humm mood. I don't know what I would do without skydiving. Probably move to Cambodia or Afghanistan. Get out and jump....and remember t HOOK IT safely!!!

that sounds a lot like the spot I'm in too. Rough isn't it? oh well, time will sort things out....by the way, nice subliminal message :)

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".