captain1976

Digital Altimeters

N3's UI is way easier and is USB rechargeable.

Viso II's batteries last a really long time, software has never had an issue, and you can't beat L&B's customer service.

If you need something that can be "multi-tasked" then get the N3 as it can be used as an audible also.

I really like my N3 as well. One charge lasts a ridiculously long time, the interface is easy to use, and it logs everything well (I've only managed to confuse its freefall time calculations a couple of times with my X3). That said, many of my friends have L&B products and have nothing but wonderful things to say about their customer service, so I think you can't go wrong with either.

If I was buying a new alti I'd get a viso. I bought the n3 and the battery took a dump. It's been over 2 months and I just received (yesterday) an email saying My alti was being shipped back to me. From what I hear l and b has amazing customer service. I have the solo 2 and it works great. So Imo it's worth having a removable battery like the viso. Idk I'm a newbie so take it for what it's worth.

The Viso 2 does one thing and one thing well...the big numbers get smaller when you jump out of a plane. The customer service is probably the best that you'll find in the industry. It doesn't have all the wiz-bang info that the N3 displays...but I didn't buy it for that.

Accessing the menu / logging features is a bit of a pain in the ass. I generally don't bother. I also never shut the thing off. Just throw it in the bag. The battery that came with the unit lasted about 11 months. Can't complain. Replacement was about $10.

If you night jump the backlight on the unit is the best on the market as far as I'm concerned if you're comparing N3 and V2

The Viso 2 does one thing and one thing well...the big numbers get smaller when you jump out of a plane. The customer service is probably the best that you'll find in the industry. It doesn't have all the wiz-bang info that the N3 displays...but I didn't buy it for that.

Accessing the menu / logging features is a bit of a pain in the ass. I generally don't bother. I also never shut the thing off. Just throw it in the bag. The battery that came with the unit lasted about 11 months. Can't complain. Replacement was about $10.

If you night jump the backlight on the unit is the best on the market as far as I'm concerned if you're comparing N3 and V2

What do you mean the big numbers get smaller once you get out of the plane? I really need the thing to be readable as I use corrective lenses for both near and far.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

What do you mean the big numbers get smaller once you get out of the plane? I really need the thing to be readable as I use corrective lenses for both near and far.

Think about it.......
I don't think he's referring to the physical size of the numbers.
Unless you plan on falling UP rather than down, if so the numbers will get bigger after you leave the plane.:ph34r::D
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

The "tens" digit that the Viso has is ridiculous when in freefall. I find the Neptune's larger digits much easier to read and it only shows "hundreds", I am also farsighted.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

The "tens" digit that the Viso has is ridiculous when in freefall. I find the Neptune's larger digits much easier to read and it only shows "hundreds", I am also farsighted.

Got it, Thanks
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime