Sonic

why does shit happen to nice guys?

No, it's a girl in the club - we were getting on great and I thought it was leading somewhere, until I see her getting a little more than friendly with one of my (ex) friends (also in the club)
-----------------------------------
It's like something out of that twilighty show about that zone

On the plus side - this has just turned into a "hot thread" B| The only thing I feel good about at the moment. Just can't wait for the weekend to get in the air and foeget about everything for 45 seconds.

Relationships suck. Its a blessing in disguise.
Seriously, I'm sorry-some of us do like nice guys. I like a nice guy. I do wish he'd slap me around and pull my hair a bit more often but that's ok. I have a big hug and a shot of tequila waiting for you, come on over.
Jess

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming....

Pretty much spent my whole life being the person that can go to sleep at night with a good conscience. I've only met one girl that I think really was looking for a nice guy. But throughout the history of Peter, I have been screwed over by every girl, one by one. I think they misunderstand my being nice as an oppertunity to push the limits and take advantage of things. I'm always on the lookout for the nice girl, and instead of being a dick that I know might be more attractive to them, I am going to keep being me, and continue to wait for the right girl, with the right values, to come along, and accept me for the nice guy that I am... Good thing I'm patient...

------------------------------------------
Getting banned isn't that bad......

For what it's worth, I think people have gotten this whole "nice guys finish last" thing a bit wrong. It's really more like, "bland guys finish last." You can be unfailingly polite, sweet, and cheerful and also be a hit with the ladies as long as you make yourself interesting to them. It's not that girls want to be abused, it's that they don't want to be bored. The jerks tend to have a bit more spark. Work on that, and the fact that you're nice will only enhance your attractiveness to women.

Chin up, Bro. If you really are a nice guy, it will shine through. If she's worthy of a nice guy, then she's already been put through the wringer by at least one guy who wasn't worthy. It seems, to me, that a woman only truly appreciates a good man after she's been with a bad one.
I was patient, and quit wasting my time with women who were not worthy. The time I could've spent with "she'll do for now," I invested looking for an equal. A partner I could share all of the important things in my life with. I paid off in the long run. There are a lot of fish in the sea, as they say. Not every person is "just right" for you. Someone who is not right for you is perfect for someone else. All you can do is keep living right, keep being yourself, keep your additude right, and be happy just being you.
Don't depend on someone else to be happy. Just believe there is someone out there that will be "just right" for you and the happiness made from that will outshine anything you've ever had.

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

Hey bro! don't feel like shit...

Shit does happens to us the stupid nice guys... (yeah been there ALOT OF FCKING TIMES!) it sucks eveytime it happens but there is something that always makes me feel good and thats my beer, friends, my skydiving and scuba diving.

The good thing about been the nice guy is that when we find somebody (when we find her) she is a good one that will last a lot of time and will be true to us. The girls that like the bad guy usually are by-atchs that like anybody and will do anybody they see.

You are reading this from a man that has been single for almost 2 years cause of that... of been nice...

Most girls say they want a nice, caring, working, smart, blah blah blah blah man... I say BS they want a horrible, not caring, vagabond, stupid man. At the end they learn and want to come back, just be smart and make the right choice when that time comes.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

It's really more like, "bland guys finish last." ...they don't want to be bored. The jerks tend to have a bit more spark. Work on that, and the fact that you're nice will only enhance your attractiveness to women.

Thanks for posting that. I've posted it every week for a few months. There is nice-fun, nice-boring, bad-jerk, bad-fun. Try nice-fun.
Throw some parties. Find stuff to do with your friends. Find a "friendly" girl so you won't be exuding desparate/horny all the time.
Call 'em as I see 'em. I don't know you, but I know why nice guys finish last. Agree with the above poster.
Also...girls will tell that "really nice" guys "finish last". ;)

My 0.02 is that even girls that want a nice guy fall into the same trap. Basically, they first meet the guy and they are wow'ed, because he is witty and funny and skydives and rich and whatever the hell they see in him. Then they get him. And he is nice to them. And they can see him whenever they want, and have from him what they want without too much effort. Which basically means that he's treating her nicely. If he were to deny her wishes and ask for sex, he would be a bad guy, right?
This makes his original flare (no pun intended:P) go away. So bad boyz finish first with girls like this because they are never really "theirs", and the girls (usually young) have a really short attention span.
I guess when people grow up they develop more tolerance, an attention span, and an emotional need that goes beyond being entertained and being pleased. Then again, I'm still learning, so maybe I'm wrong. Please, please prove me wrong[unsure]
Anyway, don't feel bad dude, if she is this way she wasn't worth you anyway. Just my 2 pennies.
Now go and jump, if your rig complains you always have another one;)

For some weird reason it seems that skydiving has been a repelant for girls here, they think they will date somebody that will die cause of jumping... yeap they are all whuffos. :(

I've had that experience. Another reason for not dating skydivers is this. If you play tennis or golf or swim, they would like to come play tennis/golf/swim. If you skydive, nice talking to you. They can't share your hobby that you have so much enthusiasm for. They are cut out of a part of your life.
The "you will die skydiving" is the most common answer though.

I have been screwed over by every girl, one by one. I think they misunderstand my being nice as an oppertunity to push the limits and take advantage of things. I'm always on the lookout for the nice girl, and instead of being a dick that I know might be more attractive to them, I am going to keep being me, and continue to wait for the right girl, with the right values, to come along, and accept me for the nice guy that I am..

I could not have expressed this any better. I've spent quite a few CPU cycles thinking about this very issue over the last week or so. And this is exactly the conclusion I reached on the issue....

Yeah it seems like a sizeable chunk of women go for jerkwads... even when they know the nice guy will treat them better. So I could probably transform myself into an egotistical jerk and get tons of nookie, but I'd be sacrificing me and my principles to do it, and I'm not willing to do that.

I've always been stubborn when it comes to sticking to my principles and this is no different. I believe that humility and kindness are good qualities to have. I've always held egotistical assholes in contempt. They're usually full of shit anyway. Why would I now want to become one of them?

Fuck that.

And like Cajones said, are the women who go for those types really the kind of person you want to be involved with anyway? Are they the types of persons you deserve to be involved with?

What I'm working toward now is accepting the possibility that I'll be single the remainder of my life. If you can accept that, you are truly free. You can be completely, uncompromisingly yourself. And if you are being true to yourself, then anyone who does fall for you will be doing it for the right reason... because they like you for who you are, not some superficiality.

And freedom isn't all that bad of a thing. Maybe it's easier for me because I've been chained down for the past 10 years, but I'm really enjoying my freedom right now. I'm doing things strictly to make me happy, not somebody else. And that's pretty darn nice.

So I'm just gonna keep doing my thing. I'm having the most fun I've had in a long time. I'm doing all those things I wanted to do, but wasn't able to, while I was married. So in a way this is an opportunity to fulfill some goals in my life that I otherwise wouldn't have.

Be yourself. Be happy just being on your own. If it happens, let it happen naturally. If it doesn't happen, have a ball doing what you like to do. :)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Yeah Ted Yeah...:)
Sonic dude, girls are ditching you not because you are a nice guy, its because you are a hedgehog....

Okay, joking aside, women are just plain wierd, if you can find the answer to what flicks their switch and makes 'good guys' attractive, you could sell it and never have to work again. And put me down for a case of the stuff too.:S:S

Don't worry, it will happen for you.....sooner or later.
Meanwhile enjoy yourself as mush as possible.

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

The "you will die skydiving" is the most common answer though.

but a hole in the ground is a small price to pay for a SHIT HOT manouver. ;)

Now I've sovered up a bit, I've decided I don't give a damn about it - just keep going like normal. who needs sex when you have altitude? :o:P

Also...girls will tell that "really nice" guys "finish last".

Bwahahahahahah....I get it! ;)

Thanks a lot, Bill. Now I have to go clean my computer screen from snarfing my coffee.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon