JohnJug

This just might save your life?!?

I think the thing to remember is just go limp right before you hit... I actually saw something on the discovery channel about cats that fell out of high-rise apartments in NYC. Seems that more survive the fall from above 5 floors, because they are relaxed when they hit... Lesson for today, turn off the Cypres, and just be relaxed when you hit...

------------------------------------------
Getting banned isn't that bad......

Taken from The Freefall Research page. Much more info here on people surviving long falls ect...

If your search discloses no trees or snow, the parachutist's "five-point landing" is useful to remember even in the absence of a parachute. Meet the ground with your feet together, and fall sideways in such a way that five parts of your body successively absorb the shock, equally and in this order: feet, calf, thigh, buttock, and shoulder. 120 divided by 5 = 24. Not bad! 24 mph is only a bit faster than the speed at which experienced parachutists land. There will be some bruising and breakage but no loss of consciousness to delay your press conference. Just be sure to apportion the 120-mph blow in equal fifths. Concentrate!

Concentrate:P

I heard the story of a skydiver that survived a very hard landing when he was unable to cutaway(main and reserve entangled with it) from a very small cargo chute he was playing with. In his own words he described thinking about and concentrating on doing a PLF. He attributed his survival to the PLF. Impact speed was supposedly very high due to canopies wrapped tightly around each other.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Chile, I think you are misunderstanding this whole fall rate thing. The 120 is the average fall fate for an arch. And 24*5 isn't survivable. However, if you cup some air and de-arch, you might be able to get 110mph. (110/5)=22mph. 22 IS survivable... Remember to de-arch!!!

------------------------------------------
Getting banned isn't that bad......

Chile, I think you are misunderstanding this whole fall rate thing. The 120 is the average fall fate for an arch. And 24*5 isn't survivable. However, if you cup some air and de-arch, you might be able to get 110mph. (110/5)=22mph. 22 IS survivable... Remember to de-arch!!!

Concentrate!:P

Do you feel the sarcasm;)

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

I liked Joe Hermans story the best.
The guys in freefall and grabs another guy in freefall. He doesn't even know it and he does a Mr. Bill!!!

I guess they should have noted that as another survival technique: Be on the lookout for other, smarter travelers who are wearing parachutes. If you can fly to them and hold on, their chute becomes your chute :)
lol

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!