meatmissile

The Non-Americans.

So I drive into work, dodge the car attacks, and park at the office. I log on then settle down for breakfast (hey, I get hungry on company time, so I eat on company time ;) ).
Anyway, my friends, I swear, I nearly choked on my bagel, I could have died, so I had an extreme bagel breakfast....;), I nearly broke sweat till it cleared.
So what are the chances of getting brakkie munching on the next X-games pro tour?;);)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I hope the mommy-bird accepts the little one back...

She will, they are very protective but have no problems with chicks that have been handled. I just hope it is not too weak.

Hey Ferdi. You should have seen the guy. Message got to him that I was looking for him and that I was on the warpath. People here are familiar with my reputation for being a little 'irrational' when provoked;). The shit was quite nervous. Hee hee it took me years to cultivate my angry persona....it works well.:)

...Anyway, my friends, I swear, I nearly choked on my bagel, I could have died...

Evenin' / Mornin' Nacmac. Nothing like a "No shit, there I was..." story to get the day started.

Today was Melbourne Cup Day - the day that, in Victoria anyway, denotes the start of the holiday season. Between now and Easter Vic. seems to go into "Even Slacker(tm)" mode. The time of BBQ's, beer gardens and other Good Things including jumping in a couple of months.:)

Ooroo
Mark F...

>So what are the chances of getting brakkie munching
>on the next X-games pro tour?

I don't think accidents qualify as 'extreme sports'. You'd have to do it on purpose, maybe then... Hmmm, the mental image:

-"Check it out dude, Joe is going to do a two-week-old dried bagel, without a glass of water!"
-"Whoa man, extreme!"
-"Gnarly, dude! Go joe! Go joe!"
:|

I can see the sensationalist headlines now.
Extreme Bagel eater dies in horrific mishap.

Joe Bloggs 23 of Aberdeen died tragically during a bagel eating competition held in Scotland this weekend.

The cause of the accident is still being investigated but it is believed that massive traumatic easophagus failure was the cause of death.

Witnesses claim that Mr Bloggs was competing in the open event of the 3rd international extreme Bagel eating games. The deceased was attempting to better his position in the event by consuming a two week old sun dried bagel without the aid of water.
People familliar with the sport say that the attempt was highly dangerous but that Mr Bloggs was an experienced bagel eater who is well known on the competition circuit.

He was a likeable man and will be sorely missed said Mr Nacmacfeegle, also of Aberdeen who had fallen out earlier in the competition after being disqualified for drinking beer between bouts.

Reuters

Stupid me, i read that post and totaly forgot about it (this work-reading posts really needs concentration :P). Like it was already said, "you are doing a great job", keep on doing it :)

If you need any bandages, i have some extra at home ;)

"George just lucky i guess!"

Hmm this thread is so looong, that we talked almost about everything. What should we talk about next? i won't say boobs because it's been discused already not thoroughly but still... :P

Do you think we will get to 2000 posts ?

"George just lucky i guess!"

>Do you think we will get to 2000 posts ?

Hell, I'll be here until the end of the year, and maybe longer... Let's see. In two weeks, the threads gotten almost 1700 posts. That'll be 3000/month. So by the end of the year we should have about 7500.

Unless we decide to let this one die and start a new one.

ANd now, something completely different: The new computer the IT-department brought me yesterday has something my previous one didn't: A sound card! Company policy wont let me listen to a radio since there'll never be an agreement on what should be on. But with the sound card, the 'Net and a pair of headphones... Oh yeah, I've been listening to the radio all day!B|

I am still stunned at the loss of "Hungry" Joe Bloggs.
I was personally shocked when I heard that he had bit the crust.
We had been team mates on the Pro Pakora Performance Tour, and in particular, the Scottish event, Plaid Bunning. Joe was also an accomplished accuracy competitor in the classic events, his reputation for accuracy, known as buffet stomping, was second (helpings) to none.
This particular chow has left me with emotional indigestion, I'm gutted.
Joe was indeed a likeable guy, and would often regale newcomers to the sport with tales of his early years in the world pie games, and the practice of souping the pond, long before the advent of today's high performance bagels, and extreme pastries.
Joe lived his life on the short crust edge, his contribution to patisserie pastimes will be sorely missed.

For the record, I am still contesting my disqualification which involved Budweiser, which showed up on regular competitor testing as being virtually banned substance (beer) free. However rules are rules and we must draw the line somewhere......
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the messages of condiments, I think Joes example illustrates the hidden dangers of Hop and Pop Tarts.......
--------------------

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening everyone!!

Do ya'll have any idea what you have done to my daily bagel and coffee routine? Every time I go to take a bit I start laughing and can't stop. If I can't stop I cant eat. If I don't eat I'll starve. (A few pounds wouldn't hurt but still) If I starve I'll die.:P

Ok, so much for being dramatic but I have a feeling I'm in a silly mood today. Watch out!

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

"so much for being dramatic but I have a feeling I'm in a silly mood today."

You are in good company there Lisa....
--------------------

>Do ya'll have any idea what you have done to my daily
>bagel and coffee routine? Every time I go to take a bit
>I start laughing and can't stop.

Sorry about that... With the amount of bursts of laughter from my desk today, I'm sure my co-workers now think I've completely lost it, or that I'm doing something that's much more fun than my actual work...:o

I did have this feeling we were being particularly entertaining today...:P