TomAiello

Cave BASE Photos

OK, can some people who had trouble viewing the photos try looking at this one?

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Photo_Submissions/BASE&image=BackR.JPG&img=&tt=

Also, I've attached it to this post, please look there as well.

If you can let me know if you can see the attachment or the photo upload (or both), I'll try re-formatting the rest like that (or I'll try something else).

OK, I just logged in on a windows machine (and it hurt me to do that!), and they seemed ok from there. Can anyone else see them?

Thanks!

-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

BackR.jpg

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Photo_Submissions/BASE&image=BackR.JPG&img=&tt=

I have had no problem viewing any of these pics...
(backr) is :P:PB| ,,presently on my desktop.
Checked both my pc's (win98 netscape) (winme internet explorer)

Smiles[;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

Public Answer:

The risk is very great, and no one, ever, ought to do that.

Both of the people who did that had over 600 BASE jumps, and significant McConkey experience. One of them actually finished McConkey BASE (meaning, that maniac has also launched McConkeys off of a Building, and Antenna and a Span) with the Cave (Earth) McConkey.

My first reaction to McConkey..Tard...was :o
:o:o...truly unsafe /only a maniac/ what is purpose except suicide??
Now, I've given my head a shake. Amazing how ones attitude/perception can change...
That maniac (or genius?) finishing McConkey BASE? No doubt has studied to the extreme, researched, tested & tested under all conditions....
opened my eye to the unthinkable, impossible beyond imagination.

Flat & Stable- with packed parachute for me thanx!

Smiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

I have an idea for the cave base photos. You should be able to upload the full size images to ftp.skydivingmovies.com. Maybe even pilot dave or whoever runs the site could add a seperate area for photos instead of just movies. I think that would be great b/c people are always asking for cool high res photos for wallpaper, etc. Just a thought.

I also can't see those pics. I'm looking into some issues with a photos directory on skydivingmovies.com. I'd do it right away but there may be some problems. Since photos are so much smaller than videos, I'm afraid we'd get a lot more hits clogging the server. I'll see what I can do.

Dave

If you can let me know if you can see the attachment or the photo upload (or both), I'll try re-formatting the rest like that (or I'll try something else).

OK, I just logged in on a windows machine (and it hurt me to do that!), and they seemed ok from there. Can anyone else see them?

Thanks!

Thanks for the pictures Tom. I really like the McCavey.

The original links will load without any drama in Linux on Konqueror, Mozilla 1.0.1 and Nutscape 7.0. They wouldn't load in IE 6.0 on XP, but would in Nutscrape 7.0 on XP.

Both the link and attachment from the post that I'm replying to worked, even on IE 6/XP, so maybe if you posted them using the same format everyone would be able to see them.

The copyright JS doesn't work anyway, so why not chop it?

Did you go on this expedition? It'd be great to hear more about it.

Cheers again for the photos,
Ron

Thanks for the pictures Tom. I really like the McCavey.

I thought it was a great deal of fun as well.

Did you go on this expedition? It'd be great to hear more about it.

Yep. I can't say enough good things about Stein, Vibeke and Ronny (the Norgie organizers). I've been trying to write up a little article about the trip for some time now, but my writing skills are failing me. Hopefully I'll get it finished up soon.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Thanks!

Thanks Tom, i can see both the photo upload and attachment

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts