wlie

Jail Chow

Look, I've duked it out with my fair share of inmates, and I've put a lot of folks in prison, and I worked in a jail for three years as a Deputy doing classification work.

That said, understand I loathe criminal behavior. But serving that murderer loaf for the next ten years is silly. Petty justice isn't what we're about. Serve the idiot yams or boiled soybeans or whatever, convict him ASAP, and kill him.

F*cking around with him while we've got him caged is beneath professional law enforcement. Feed him the stupid vegetarian meals. Honestly, I am familiar with loaf, and it is the equivalent of forcing the inmate to fast for the duration. We don't torture our inmates and convicts and we shouldn't.

Expeditiously find him guilty, and kill him. Poking him while he's caged is petty, and doesn't help anyone.

Nice words dude.

But Death by meat loaf is a pretty good way to go.

ie, how did this hardcore muslim die, electric, injection, suacide, ah no, he died eating meatloaf [:/]

it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

I guess I got a little jaded after reading prisoner complaints to Federal judges including the wrong brand of peanut butter, not getting Charmin, no HBO, ... I also remember friends living on Ramen noodles because they were cheap. Throw in the thread yesterday about the luxuries you can buy with a minimum wage job. Add the suffering those assholes caused lots of people and I don't have a great deal of sympathy for animals getting nourishment that doesn't taste great and we have to pay for. But, I have to concede that they should get the same slop as anyone else.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

My man, it's meatless. You know how animals pass undigested food in their stool? That's loaf. Picture birds picking corn out of poop. It is only technically even food. You take all the meatless leftovers, put them in one of those big ship-sized food processors and then cook it down until it's solid.

Just like how your body produces waste, pretty much.

You torture prisoners and they attack the guards. Some poor doofus newbie Deputy on midnight shift will do the suicide watch on Malvo The Coward and get his eye gouged out with a plastic spork cause tortured people do the weirdest things.

Part of me would like to see him in a bamboo cage that kept him hunched over, unable to sit, or stand, unable to sleep.

But that's not our gig.

"Death by meatloaf" :ph34r: I think the musician version could do it....:P

See, that's something most people don't know. County Jail is a much harsher place, generally, than prison. Jail is only set up to keep people in custody for less than a year, or while they are in trial, cause the Sheriff usually does bailiff duties for the Courts.

The convict types are anxious to get convicted and sent up to State Pen, cause they have more freedom of movement, access to punks, visitors, drugs, etc.

The jail I worked in was modeled on Pelican Bay State Prison. After a lengthy trial, the convicts were anxious to get to the greater "freedoms" of prison. And that was without serving them rendered goat stool.:P

I guess I got a little jaded after reading prisoner complaints to Federal judges including the wrong brand of peanut butter, not getting Charmin, no HBO, ... I also remember friends living on Ramen noodles because they were cheap. Throw in the thread yesterday about the luxuries you can buy with a minimum wage job. Add the suffering those assholes caused lots of people and I don't have a great deal of sympathy for animals getting nourishment that doesn't taste great and we have to pay for. But, I have to concede that they should get the same slop as anyone else.

Animals? I don't agree with them breaking the law ("them" being prisoners in general), but they are not animals. Sorry to shed some light here, but they are human beings just like the rest of us. What prisons have HBO? Did you know that they don't even get stuff like aspirin if they have their teeth pulled or shit like that? It damn near takes an act of congress to do that. how about the luxuries of AC in a 110 degree building? Taj Mahal it's not. How about proper medical treatment? nope.

A majority of the people in jail now are not the child molesters and fucking psychopaths that you see on tv. IMHO, they (child molesters, etc) should be taken out of the gene pool asap...but again, that's my opinion. But most are in for drug related charges or something along those lines. Instead of offering some DRUG REHAB or psychological counseling to REHABILITATE the prisoners, they just stick them all in a pile and let them sort each other out and if they're lucky, they won't get the shit beat out of them while in lock-up (solitary). I'm not saying everyone can be rehabilitated, but everyone can make mistakes and the system isn't exactly set up to help them break the cycle. Only some states offer programs such as NA or AA. You'd think that would be a pretty common thing (rehabilitation efforts, that is), but it's not. From what i understand, AZ has a Narc-anon chapter IN the prision itself which has an incredible success rate. Why can't these be in ALL states?

So before you guys start casting stones about how the 'animals' should die and eat shit and be treated like they're less than humans, you'd better hope you don't kill someone while you're drunk driving after all those drunken binges because you will end up there and deal with the same situation. It's bad karma to wish a human anything less than humane treatment. Humane treatment does not mean massages and facials and stuff, either.

my 2 cents,
arlo

In my personal opinion I think they should die by the guns they killed everyone else with only not a quick death like a shot to the head, but a slow painful death like most of their victims did like a shot to the stomach and let them experience what is it like as your stomach acids begin to eat away your insides or a nice shot to the lungs and let them experience the pain of having your lungs collapse or slowly begin to fill up with liquid as they slowly suffocate on there own bodily fluids. Does this post make me a sick bastard...I think not but like it says in the bible.. "An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth"
either way no mercy for cowards.

-G
- GQ

... it was the love of the air and sky and flying, the lure of adventure, the appreciation of beauty ...
-Charles Lindberg

Animals? I don't agree with them breaking the law ("them" being prisoners in general), but they are not animals. Sorry to shed some light here, but they are human beings just like the rest of us. What prisons have HBO? Did you know that they don't even get stuff like aspirin if they have their teeth pulled or shit like that? It damn near takes an act of congress to do that. how about the luxuries of AC in a 110 degree building? Taj Mahal it's not. How about proper medical treatment? nope.

A majority of the people in jail now are not the child molesters and fucking psychopaths that you see on tv. IMHO, they (child molesters, etc) should be taken out of the gene pool asap...but again, that's my opinion. But most are in for drug related charges or something along those lines. Instead of offering some DRUG REHAB or psychological counseling to REHABILITATE the prisoners, they just stick them all in a pile and let them sort each other out and if they're lucky, they won't get the shit beat out of them while in lock-up (solitary). I'm not saying everyone can be rehabilitated, but everyone can make mistakes and the system isn't exactly set up to help them break the cycle. Only some states offer programs such as NA or AA. You'd think that would be a pretty common thing (rehabilitation efforts, that is), but it's not. From what i understand, AZ has a Narc-anon chapter IN the prision itself which has an incredible success rate. Why can't these be in ALL states?

So before you guys start casting stones about how the 'animals' should die and eat shit and be treated like they're less than humans, you'd better hope you don't kill someone while you're drunk driving after all those drunken binges because you will end up there and deal with the same situation. It's bad karma to wish a human anything less than humane treatment. Humane treatment does not mean massages and facials and stuff, either.

my 2 cents,
arlo

I agree with you about the humane treatment of prisoners. They should be entitled to a sanitary environment free from physical injury with basic health needsand nourishment taken care of, but, at the same time, prison should be a deterrent to crime. As for animals, anyone who commits murder is nothing short of an animal.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

I know at some point (Atlanta prison riots?), they were refusing to eat MREs.

I agree with Deuce that we should make the whole process quicker before we zap/inject these guys. But at the same time, I think that prison should be more of a deterrent than it is now.

So you've been to the brothels in Singapore too? They have everything anyone could possibly want there ;)

Seriously - I went to the Singapore history museum and they had a 3-D movie about all the challenges that the country has faced, and they were very concerned about the incident with that Michael whats-his-name kid. It got as much video time as the WW2 invasion by the Japanese (although I was disappointed there were no 3-D shots of him getting a serious ass-spanking). They did NOT like the world media focused on them for that sort of thing. My guess is they're not going to cane any more foreigners.

As far as this thread - I think it's pretty obvious that the prison guards are pissing into their food.

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I think it's pretty obvious that the prison guards are pissing into their food.

Have you seen Red Corner with Richard Gere? Remember that scene the guard washed his plate in his toilet bowl and served up his food?

I have no doubt with abuse of power. This sort of shit happens everywhere all the way down to kindergarden playground. I think in their case, they've killed an FBI agent and this might have tripped the guards. Just my guess.
My other ride is the relative wind.

I knew a guy that was a prison guard. Applied to the FBI, and they gave him a lie detector test. They asked him if he ever beat up inmates. He had to say yes - it was true. Apparently happens all the time.

This guy in now on the SWAT team and loves to tell stories about how he gets to shoot people for a living.

I didn't say he was my friend - just a guy I knew. Not my favorite guy.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD