Beerlight

How's the skiing in North Carolina?

Just FYI, Lake Tahoe CA has recieved quite a bit of snow recently and well probably a damn good place to go skiing right now. Though I rank Colorado #1 in my book. If you are out in the east coast you should be up in Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine. Chilly but very decent mountains up there.

Yikes...better like muddy patches and rocks. I'm sure it's fine skiing for the south. But like I said, if you're travelling somewhere to ski....go somewhere known for skiing.

Actually in the Vicinity of Boone, NC there is some good skiing. They are gettn quite a bit of snow lately and having their best year in awhile. You will deal with some man-made snow in areas, but tolerable. The West (ie Rockies) are having a rough year of it from whatI hear w/ below normal snowfall, but still better than the East.

If ya just really need that ski-fix on a budget NC willbe more than adequate.

kwak
Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. Sometimes your the hammer sometimes your the nail. Question is Hun, Do you wanna get hammered or do you wanna get nailed?????

I live in Boone, NC 15 minutes from NC's 2 main skiing destinations, Ski Sugar and Ski Beech. Haven't been out there this season but our current weather has consisted of alittle snow every few days with the wind consistantly 25 mph. The days have been warm enough for the snow to melt and then re freeze at night so you're looking at icy conditions. I worked the 99 and 2000 seasons in the lift ops and its mostly man-made snow which equals ice most of the time so if you can try Snow shoe in WV if you're in this area. If you need any more detailed info about this area Email me. Take care
Later
Gabe