mixedup

Not noticing my audible in my new full face Phantom X?

So I've just gone from an open face Cookie Ozone to a full face Phantom X helmet. I use an Optima II audible. Have done maybe 10 jumps with the full face.

The thing is I don't think I'm noticing the audible indicator now - so my question is whether anyone else has noticed anything similar? e.g. moving to a new helmet and then not noticing the audible as much?

Some notes:
* I hear the 1000' warning going up in the plane
* Hear the "under canopy" indicators fine
* I think I might have noticed a break off indicator (5000') in a couple of the jumps, but the weird thing is I can't be sure - sounds silly I guess, but with the closed face it was loud and obvious - have been doing some 4-ways so you see others breaking off at the same time + use your wrist alti, so perhaps I'm hearing it but with all the other break off indicators it's just not sticking in my mind as the main indicator, so after the jump when I think back and ask myself "did I hear my audible" the answer isn't obvious [don't know if that makes any sense]

* battery is ok
* have it in the PhantomX pocket (left ear) with the little speaker pointing inward (admittedly I did have it in my right ear for my open face, but I think my hearing is ok in both ears)
* have it set for max volume

Wondering if the pocket in the Phantom X may not align as well with my ear? Perhaps just have to do a solo jump and concentrate on listening for it.
Parachutist Game IOS Android YouT

(admittedly I did have it in my right ear for my open face

Why don't you try the right and see?

It may be more than just your hearing being off on that ear. It may also be how your concentration affects noticing sounds more from one side than the other.
Remster

Make sure the little speaker hole is aligned with your ear canal. It could be the new audible pocket is located a bit different from your old helmet. You may need to flip the audible over to orient it 180-degrees different to get the speaker hole lined up with your ear again.

Make sure the audible is pushed all the way deep into the pocket. It should actually be a little tough to work out if you've got it all the way down there.

I couldn't hear mine at first because it wasn't in the pocket deep enough - so it wasn't aligned with my ear. If you push it down far enough it will seem like it's going to be on your jaw, but it's actually perfect.
Apex BASE

Really! Hope you use your eyes seriously not a good plan to rely on anything electronic, if thats the case.

I often don't here my audible (old and deaf) and i use a neptune as a visual alti which went funky on the ride to altitude on one occassion (user error) .

Fortunately the MkI human eyeball remained reliable.
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

I have a Phantom X and Optima II as well and don't have issues hearing it. Make sure the speaker (side without screen) is facing your head and make sure that when it's in the pocket it's pushed up against your ear. Head shape will determine where in the pocket that is - for me it's right at the top, not shoved all the way down deep like other people are advising.

have you considered the option that you have heard all the beeps, but just because the break off and stuff around that is bit more hectic, than the freefall itself, that you just didn't register that you really heard the audible?
as you have listed to yourself "only" 100 jumps i would think that as an possible cause..

I had the same problem with my Mamba when I fir start3ed using it. It's probably all about the placement. I have to adjust the side pad in my helmet each time I put it on to be sure it's in the right place.
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

update

So did carefully move the audible to where my earhole is with my helmet on. Was actually much closer to the edge of the helmet than I would have thought, and also the pocket had much more room for adjustment than I realized.

Did some jumps yesterday and the alerts are coming through loud and clear again!
Parachutist Game IOS Android YouT