akaGQ

Please pray for all those with friends and family overseas

Well yesterday I wasvisited by my best friend and for the first time in my life that I had seen he was in tears. Seems hes being deployed to who knows where tomorrow morning at 0900. Hes a Marine and I asked where he was going and he wasnt able to tell me. He said he couldnt tell anyone not his parents or anything and that noone was really supposed to know he was even gonna be leaving. Im not that familiar with the way the Marines operate or the MOS's and such but he did mention that he was 0317 and 2235 whatever the hell that means anyway I do remember him saying something to the nature of him being in Infantry Force Recon or whatever that may be wrong so dont quote me on it. But he said he didnt know when or if he would be back. And when he said that it started bringing up flashbacks from when my father used to get paged in the middle of the night and hed be gone, no clue where he was or what he was doing. sometimes hed be gone for a day or two sometimes hed be gone for 6 months at a time. We never knew. And from what I heard from an Ex-Ranger that I work with is that for 12 years after you get out the government could pull you back in at anytime they please so this means with my dad only being discharged for a year, shit they could call him back up for active duty and again hed be gone. I dont know how my mom could handle that or me or anyone in the family. I think he spent like a total of 24-25 years in the Navy and about 13 of that was as a S.E.A.L. and an instructor. In the bible it mentions in Revelation that the two towers will fall following a 70 year war. Some people say Im way too skeptical but the two towers have fallen and we are at war. But I just wanted to say for all those on here that have family friends or loved ones over seas Ill keep them in my prayers. Just my thoughts.
Blue Skies
- GQ

... it was the love of the air and sky and flying, the lure of adventure, the appreciation of beauty ...
-Charles Lindberg

Oh gosh...I'm sorry.
That's really sad to read. War is devastating. I still havent come to terms with the state of the world, I just block it all out.
When I hear anything on the news, my stomach twists and turns, and I change the channel...I don't fully understand what's going on...I dont want to know what's going on. We shouldnt have to live in fear of our loved ones, or ourselves for that matter.
It's just devastating.

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after

my company commander just told us that we are 99.9% sure ( which means he knows we are going but can't tell us) to be deployed somtime in the next two weeks :(. i would be gone for a year. and to top it off my wife is pregnant with our first baby and due in march :(.

"It's hard to fly with the eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys."
My Website

heard from an Ex-Ranger that I work with is that for 12 years after you get out the government could pull you back in at anytime they please

i could be wrong..but i'm pretty sure it's only 4 years.....

Here we go... Give it a week before war is officially announced? God be with you, whoever he is for you. Someone be with you...

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. Heh.

I agree there's a price for freedom. The question is, is this war really it? This topic has been discussed to death though.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Well from what I think I heard but then again I may have dreampt it up as well but to my knowledge lol anyway, That Bush is calling up allies from Australia and other countries to join in the war effort against Iraq, Afghanistan, as well as Korea. I could be wrong though.
- GQ

... it was the love of the air and sky and flying, the lure of adventure, the appreciation of beauty ...
-Charles Lindberg

Sorry to hear about your friend. My prayers are with him.

In the bible it mentions in Revelation that the two towers will fall following a 70 year war.

I don't remember this, and I just checked & couldn't find it. What's the chapter/verse?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

As a military man myself who just got called up for four days of training and to bring every piece of military gear I was ever issued. I wonder what they have in store for us.

With all that is going on in the world and troops being deployed to combat environments maybe people will start looking at us in a different way. All I have ever gotten if flack for being a soldier. People say we are to rowdy and cause to many problems. Hey were just trying to relieve some stress.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

I think he may be refering to the 100 years of war that will happen after the 2nd coming. Well, there's that, then *the* war, which is supposed to happen in the Middle East, but that's not until the Anti-Christ comes to power, which he hasn't yet, although I could see that happening in my lifetime.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

well, I still don't see any reference to two towers falling...smells like snopes fodder to me.

re. antichrist: who can know what will happen in the future, but many people believe that John had the emperor Nero Caesar in mind when he wrote about the antichrist .
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Sorry to hear about your friend. Best wishes to him and hope he returns safe and sound.

Thank you to all the military men and women who risk their lives so that we can be free. Be safe and return home in one piece.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

re. antichrist: who can know what will happen in the future, but many people believe that John had the emperor Nero Caesar in mind when he wrote about the antichrist

Yeah, I've read that too...well, I think we should stop now, since we could continue this path and fall DEEP into theology, I don't have the time for that this week.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."