narcimund

Leaving for sun in 36 hours

I'm leaving for my first vacation in 5 years and my longest and furthest vacation ever. Woo hoo! The life of the business owner finally expands to include time off.

I'm going for 2 weeks of warm and dry adventure. Starting in Cancun and Merida with a detour at Chichen Itza, then a variety of islands before ending in the Dominican Republic for 6 days of air force skydiving and tropical fruit.

Then I'm ending with a 20 hour stop in NYC because that's the best flight I could book. A deli sandwich and a slice of pizza and one museum. Just one because that's all I can fit in.

There will be much tequilla and rum and tacos from street vendors. There will be cigars. There will be comic antics with cross cultural misunderstandings. There will be haggling for trinkets. There will be sunburn and sand in my belly button. There will be snorkeling and snapshots of Bartholemew Columbus's castle. There will probably even be a chance to learn something and come back a smarter man.

You may begin expressing jealousy.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Okay - I'm jealous. Hope you have a blast. Sounds like a really great vacation. You'll have to let us all know how it goes. Sounds like a vacation well deserved!:)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

Jealousy?

JEALOUSY?

Nah, I'm not jealous.

Do have a good time, though. We will be expecting a full report.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

I won't be jealous. I won't I won't I won't. I will, however, offer translation services. I speak Spanish and Yankee, and could prove invaluable.:)

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

that sound like fun!!!! congratulations on finallly making time for your holiday!!
on the way to chichen Itza i think it is 13 km, or else 1.3 km past vaiadollid there is a cenote called ditznip that you should stoop at. it is an underground lake complete with stalagtites (okok it late and i cant spell) and fish with no eyes. but it is an amazing pool, and is pretty spectacular to swim in. Also if you have a car, see if you have the time to go to Coba. it is larger than chichen Itza and is unrestored. You are walking in the rainforest when these ruins pop out of the mountains, and standing on them you realize your standing on a mountain of ruins.... Also the beach south of tulum is 10 miles of some of the most romantic beach i've played in. mmm Also, i've heard there is a drop zone in Playa del Carmine, which is where the Ferry lands that goes to Cozumel. Safe travels!
steppenwolf ;)