beowulf

an Arab view

Nope, fully expected that we would be. Still doesn't change the fact that we are responsible for killing innocent people. You can't alter or change that fact no matter what you say. You can try to justify it, but you can't change the fact that it's true.

I'll bring this thread back up in a year (if I have to wait that long) and we'll see then what the general attitude of the Iraqis is toward us at that time.

>I'll bring this thread back up in a year (if I have to wait that long)
> and we'll see then what the general attitude of the Iraqis is toward
> us at that time.

I think it will be somewhat similar to what the Afghanis think of us now - which isn't much; for most of Afghanistan, nothing has changed. Local warlords and tribal leaders still run things in most of the coutry, and women still get acid thrown in their faces if they uncover them. Some things have improved near Kabul, where human rights have made great advances. Other things have deteriorated (i.e. the Taliban is returning in a few places.)

All in all, though, I think the Iraqis will have a slightly better view of us than the Afghanis do. Not because of anything we do for them between now and then, but because Hussein (who had much more control of his country than the Taliban did) no longer will use his forces to control the Kurds, Marsh Arabs etc. Other forces will take their place, and they will see fighting and killing as local forces start duking it out for control - but at least they won't have someone in Baghdad doing it to them, and I think most of the country _will_ notice that.