rhino

Letter from a Marine to Civilians... Veterans....

Nobody ever taught me anything about respect and dignity by "kicking my ass".

(Mine is a notoriously difficult ass to kick, by the way ;).)

I would say, instead of "kicking their ass", how about retaining your own personal dignity, and just setting a good example?

--
ZZZzzzz....

Dear Civilians,
We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas we would like your assistance:

1) The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem ... kick their ass.

2) When you witness firsthand someone burning the American Flag in protest kick their ass.

3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these Veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these Veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a Disabled Veteran kicks their ass.

4) (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDU's), telling others that you used to be Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay if you were still seven. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.

5) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass kicking (children are exempt).

6) If you witness someone calling the U.S. Coast Guard non military, inform them of their mistake...and kick their ass.

7) Roseanne Barr's singing of the National Anthem is not a blooper...it was a disgrace and disrespectful. Laugh, and sooner or later your ass will be kicked.

8) Next time Old Glory (U.S. flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her...of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass kicking.

9) What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy. The proper word to describe her is "traitor." Just mention her nomination for "Woman of the Year" and get your ass kicked.

10) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans and we all bleed the same regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command, is to include our commander in Chief. The President (for
those who didn't know) is our CIC regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives" meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. The military member might direct you to Oliver North. (I can see him kicking your ass already.)

11) "Your mama wears combat boots" never made sense to me ... stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore, could kick your ass!

12) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not communists, so stop saying "Let's go kill those Commie's!!!" And stop asking us where he is!!!! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me ... if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers; let me know, so I can go kick their ass.

13) Flyboy (Air Force), Jar Head (Marines), Grunt (Army), Squid (Navy), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. That could
get your ass kicked.

14) Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of sailors and troops far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.

"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Authored by: Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC ;)

Oh, shit! Oh, shit I'm going to be sick...Huuuurl...Bleeeeeeh....Bleeeeh...Hurrrrrrrrl....now that's better:)
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

I'm not as brash as the following might indicate.....but, here is what I've been taught........... these are NOT my words and I will not direct the below to any members here......... There are those out in the world I feel the below fits.

Most "anti's" reminds one of a turkey farm. If you scare a large group of turkeys they all make a bunch of noise in unison, then they all start running one way and then they suddenly start running the opposite direction...all together of course.

"They" are afraid of everything.

"They" are only brave in a group or when they are working each other up into a religious frenzy, alone they are insignificant beyond belief.

"They" are untrustworthy and generally undesirable.

"They" sometimes want to call the US Military Troops "babykillers". That way they can justify in their own little minds that they are not cowards for not defending liberty and freedom.

"They" do not have the guts to fight for what they believe in and yet insist those stronger then them suffer from their own weakness.

But yes, having known a lot of very smart folks in boot camp who went onto become 03s in the fleet (and having dicussed it with them in boot), it is safe to say that not everyone regards flag burning as the sin of all sins...

If you are a Marine and you don't regard flag burning as a sin of all sins than you aren't really a Marine.. Or you just went in for a college education..

Burning the flag offends the hell out of me, too. But I'm not going to kick someone's ass over it

To each his own..

Burn my flag in front of me and "whomever" will be in a wheelchair and I will be visiting a jail cell..

I would put up with that even less than someone hitting a woman..

Rhino

I see that while you stay cautiously just inside the forum rules, you don't seem to care much for the forum eitiquette section of this post.

Some things will make you unpopular:
1) Spam
2) Mindless post whoring
3) Repeating yourself
4) Rudeness

5) SHOUTING

By the way, I support your war. I just don't rejoice in it.

--
ZZZzzzz....

>If you are a Marine and you don't regard flag burning as a sin of
>all sins than you aren't really a Marine..

Here's another marine who you might take issue with, since he's now with veterans for peace and he has no respect for the flag:

> One of our members, Mr. Igor Bobrowsky, who served as a Marine in
> Vietnam and is a Purple Heart recipient, was about to step off with
> us on November 11th carrying an inverted American flag.

http://www.veteransforpeace.org/ClineLtrFlag.htm

So by your standards, is this marine, who was wounded in the vietnam war, really a marine like you? Or is he "not really" a marine either?

I don't get it.... Aren't military folks protecting every US citizen's right to protest?

You are right.. You don't get it..lol

I have more respect for someone who goes into the military solely for the college money but protects ALL of the civil rights of our citizens, more than some gung-ho hard-ass that is just looking for an excuse to kick some ass.

There is only one true Marine: RHINO
There is only one true American: RHINO
There is only one true patriot: RHINO

It was RHINO who was standing behind the founding forefathers and whispered the text of the Declaration of Independence into their ears.

It was RHINO who has sewn the first star on the first flag.

It was RHINO in the Alamo

It was RHINO in the trenches of France

It was RHINO on Omaha Beach and Iwo Jima.

It was RHINO in DaNang and last but not least it was RHINO who was the first man on the Moon and much to my distress he decided not to stay there and return.

RHINO: The true (and only) American Patriot. A gentleman and a scholar. Hail Rhino!
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

Wow.... well, you just can't argue with that kind of mentality, so I won't even try....

As far as I know, having been a Marine has served me well... took some good traits away from the institution despite how I felt about my MOS...

The following have served me well in the civilian world:

-Take care of your troops
-Be technically and tactically proficient
-Accomplish the mission (I know this really comes first but hell, in civ. world we aren't charging machine guns)

If Rhino says I wasn't really a Marine, I guess I must have done a really good job fooling everyone judging by my high pro and con marks, high expert rifle scores, being a platoon leader, couple of meritorious promotions, artillery BN ops chief, etc. etc.

Shame on me! Must've all been bullshit. Oh well, 6 years of my life all for nothing....

Don't worry - it's apparent that the individual who wrote the first 13 points was quite unaware of the actual meaning of "freedom".

Wrong... Written by a Marine.. Someone who knows what earning freedom is...

Funny thing is, last week I worked out with a Marine Captain and a Gunny, and I am very good friends with a retired marine Lieutenant Colonel, and none of them have attitudes like you. Maybe they were promoted by mistake.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

A US military officer takes an oath to:

"support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter, so help me God."

Nothing in there about any flag.

Nothing about violating anyone's 1st Amendment rights by kicking them in the ass for speaking out.

In fact, kicking someone in the ass for exercising their Constitutional rights would be a direct violation of the oath.

I continue to disbelieve that Father O'Brien wrote the first 14 points of the letter. They are simply inconsistent with things he is known to have written.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

***"If you don't fuckin' like it here then get the fuck out!" ***Gee... so much for all the "freedoms" ... I thought "free speech" was something those "soldiers" went to war to defend, not the concept of "either you are with us or you are against us".

Funny thing is, last week I worked out with a Marine Captain and a Gunny, and I am very good friends with a retired marine Lieutenant Colonel, and none of them have attitudes like you. Maybe they were promoted by mistake.

Like me huh.. I didn't write the letter.... You can know all the Marines you want it still won't make you one.. lol