Deleted

Idaho? NO you the HO

I lived in Soda Springs when I was a kid. The Grand Tetons were my back yard and there was a geyser in town....what more could you ask for??
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Hey guys! I am getting stationed in Idaho. Can somebody please tell me what the H%$%$#&# there is to do in Idaho? And are there any of you from Idaho?
Blue Skies,
Smoke

I think the best thing there is to do IN idaho is to drive to Vegas! and chill with a vegan...wait? I like animal products Im a las vegan I guess!
My photos

My Videos

I have spent quite a bit of time in Idaho, mostly in Boise. It is a nice state if you are the outdoorsy type.

Buy a raft and lots of beer in the summertime and head for the Boise River that flows right through town. The bus will pick you up and take you on an hour bus ride upstream. Get on your raft with all of your beer, a friend and some suntan lotion. By the time you get back where you started you will have a nice tan and a great buzz. Lots of people like to wakeboard there too or wakesurf while being anchored by a tree.

In the wintertime, hit Bogus Basin for some pretty decent skiing/snowboarding. Idaho has nice lakes for waterskiing if you get lucky enough to meet someone with a boat and gear. There is great fishing, hiking and beautiful places to camp. The Bruno Sand Dunes are pretty cool and northern Idaho is especially beautiful. If you enjoy golfing, the Coure De Lane (spelling?) golf course is spectacular. Also check out Sand Point and Lake Ponderrei which is the biggest man made lake in the Pacific Northwest. Lake Payette is also a beautiful place to go stargazing and camp.

Idaho isn't the most happenin place to be if you are used to the busy nightlife/party scene. But some of the nicest, warmest people I have ever met live there.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Consider yourself lucky that you are getting stationed there now, When I left there in '68 to join the Army it was really desolate. The town has grown and there is tons of stuff to do, all within a couple of hours, worldclass sking, rafting, and fishing. Or, you could go to town on Fri night and watch the basque moleslt sheep, that was always good for a laugh.
Who Dares Wins

THanks guys, I have heard from many that Idaho is very pretety. I just am sad about the DZ thing. THere are only small DZ's, and am very use to big DZ's. I guess I will get over that.
THe other bumer is that I will STILL be so faraway from JT :(
On the other hand, I will just have to serve my country, and the men that are serving her!:oHEHEHEHEH
SMoke

well its not so far!;) just a few hour ride!
I do that on a normal weekend!

On the other hand, I will just have to serve my country, and the men that are serving her

you play volleyball!:o:$ hahaha
My photos

My Videos