freefli

rantoul rv campground

i attended last years convention and stayed in the rv park. i forked over the absurd amount of money at the time since it was a last minute decision.
this year i've had a little more time to find out the scoop on the charges for the campground. for you that dont' know, to stay in the campground for the entire convention is $295.>:( this is for a sewer, water, and elec hookup. i did a little research with the person in charge of taking reservations for this campground all year long except during the convention. she explained to me that the first year rantoul agreed to give the convention full control over the campground along with all of the commisions. this year was a little different. the city of rantoul wanted to control the campground and keep the income from the event camping. this didn't happen. the wffc flexed their muscle and got control of the campground once again. when i was talking to her about this years arangements, she was not pleased about the outcome. this is not what my beef is. fact is that if you call and make a reservation at this same campground any other time of the year besides the convention, you will pay $15 a day or $75 per week. our BARGAIN price for the entire convention is $295. a 400% markup, right into the pocket of the wffc. i wouldn't have that big of a problem if tickets were $13 like at the holiday boogie, but they're $19. i'm still going to pay for this extorsion, i'm just going to have to charge for any guests. [:/] anyone else have a problem with this?

hmm i was thinking about bringin my rv this year but thats alot of money.. i wonder if we can just park somewhere else and not pay the hokup fees... i can shower and shit in my rv withought hookups for a good number of days(prolly around 5) withought the need for external water or electricity. and then i can just run it for a while to recharg it and take it to the interstate to dump it............ don't plan on actually being in it for much more than sleeping and showering and maybe an ocasional skydiving video or two.....

Speaking as somebody who has sat through a couple of Rantoul village board meetings with the WFFC, they don't really seem to have a whole lot of muscle to flex. Personally I would have, I dunno, maybe asked the WFFC why they were charging so much to camp (although it does seem odd to me too).

the price is about the same as it was last year when there was no damage from the previous year. damage?

And most of the "damage" was from people who weren't even staying in the rv section :S
If I recall correctly, wasn't there another RV park? It was ... hmm ... kind of like where the spectator area was, but across that road right there and back a bit. I could be wrong... that whole week is kind of fuzzy at the moment :D
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

I did not stay in the park but visited a few friends who were staying there. They seemed pleased with all of the accomodations except the fact that it was sooo far away and that by staying in the rv park means that you pretty much must also rent a golf cart.

I travel the land, Work in the ocean, Play in the sky

I'm just pissed that I just got an email from my friends, and they want me to help them with the fees. That is BS, I want to stay in the RV slots for free, just like last year, with them paying $295/wk. Heck, they can charge my friends $1000/wk... And he better get another golf cart for that long ride between the RV park and planes...

------------------------------------------
Getting banned isn't that bad......

Why does this thread remind me so much of the Rantoul hotel brou-ha-ha from last year? :(

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I have pictures too. Dont make me break them out.

And about the overmoderation there, you should really take the time to find out a little more about who you are "moderating". You have, as always, not seen the sarcasm here. They are friends and fellow Bella's members. Seriously dude, sometimes you just don't get it.

"Tatoo lives!!!!!"

Inside jokes don't translate to an open fourm at all.

The answer to World problems is : MOO!"
...a direct quote from a State Champion Bovine.
(true story;))
-Grant
Amish Country(music) baby!

>You have, as always, not seen the sarcasm here.

Inside jokes don't often translate well on an open forum. I will continue to remove anything that looks like a personal attack even if you have a secret reason that it's not a personal attack. Often, such things are better sent as PM's.